Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
DaniHell
Download the 'my vauxhall' app and download the Adam manual and you'll be able to store all the info you ever need to know on your phone :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Best thing to do is pop into a vauxhall dealer and stick to the products they use as standard

·
Registered
407 Posts
I never have to buy oil for mine its free as part of my service plan. Even if its between services.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Have just downloaded the app , it's fab 👍, no more having to go out to jammie
To get the book , when I want to no something 🚘👍🚙

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tracey.A said:
I never have to buy oil for mine its free as part of my service plan. Even if its between services.
I never knew that.. I have a three year's free service thrown in with my Adam..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks people. Service isn't due till end of march and I can't wait that long. And I don't think it will make it to my nearest vauxhall dealer. Can I use any oil? Are there any certain types I can get?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah I can take my Adam for a oil top up whenever it needs it. Part of the service plan. I wouldnt trust the computer on the Adam either for oil level mine says 60% but when I checked the dip stick it was still full.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't think the oil % indicator on the Adam isn't about how full the oil is, it's about how old it is and when in needs emptying and changing for a new lot. (I think?)

·
Registered
172 Posts
You have to use the oil specified for your car, Measured as a viscosity,
According to page 196 ofthe handbook :
A dexos 2 graded oil or In case dexos quality is unavailable you may use max. 1 litre engine oil quality for topping up once between each
oil change with SAE 5W-30 or SAE 5W-40

You could cause damage by using the wrong oil, and if Vauxhall know you have used the wrong oil then your warranty could be void.

though this could be argued with them, and you could try to put the onus on them to prove that the oil has caused any damage, but much easier to just put in what they recommend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Daughter/Wife drive a new Adam 3200 1 yr oldI intend to take it to a local authorised dealer for an oil change and turn off warningNot quite due a Service just yet would you agree ?
PMSL @ rear parking sensors its about 3 feet long hehehe
Adam Jam/Slam dark blue white roof grill and alloysCream if you want to split hairs
Great wee car now window wiper issue dealt with

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sounds a lot like my jammie 💙 nice combo
Just had first service on jammie 4890 mile 3% oil 🚙😊🚘

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pump up the jam springs to mind although while I sat there my daughter picked the style and my wife, who has now lost her car to my daughter since she passed her test, was happy with her new buggy. I love having a wee shot now and then, its a pleasure to drive and looks amazing and quite nippy 1.4 garage got paperwork wrong but honoured dearer car with leather etc :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I always go onto Castrol.com, put my reg in there and it tell me everything I need for my car(s), oil, coolant ,transmission fluid etc.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If your car is one year old it has to have a service and check for the lifetime warranty even if it has only done 3200 miles. Check with your dealer thoughEdited by: gillsid

1 - 16 of 16 Posts