Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 3 month hard wait and lending cars for the last month as i sold my old car ready for adam im currently sat in the dealer collecting......BUT finance wont pay out and say im no longer cleared for it! Dispite being all checked and cleared at the time of ordering!!
The dealer is trying everything to get it sorted but its not looking good :(

Shocking as my finances are exacly the same as in january, ive never defaulted any payments, they said they have just changed the criterior on what they lend!! How bad is that!

My payments were ment to be 拢286 a month for 60 months, there saying the credit card, store cards ect cant total more than 25% of your monthly combined income. Adam is 17% on his own as my bf doesnt live wih me they can only take my details into account.

As you can imagine proper gutted but having spend the money from my old car towards a new kitchen i dont have anywhere near enough money to get a car!? :(

Thought i would juslet u all know that dispite the long wait vauxhall can still drop you right in it when you collec the car.Edited by: L8ydg

Registered
That is a real bugger. Lucky you haven't been all excited and thinking about this car for the last 3 months!!!!!
But really, the finance provider isn't likely to be Vauxhall, it'll be a third party and they don't care about you, me, or anyone. They have a set of criteria to protect their interest and if you don't fit the bill exactly.
I imagine the dealer will be fairly peeeed off as well. Your's is such a high spec that they may have difficulty finding a new buyer for it (unless they take a bath on the price).
I could find the same problem. I was approved for my wife's car back in January but by the time we get the new engine model it will be August at best.
P.S. We all know what you earn now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its so bad i think, they said it could take upto 4 hours to sort, there worried there gonna be stuck with a 19k+ adam, and im worried im gonna be on the bus :/ lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha im a school teacher they print my wages in the sun newspaper about once a week ;) lol
The 0% is with vauxhalls own finance company, they said worst case they try the others they use but they will be between 4.9% and 19%!!! Dont think thats happening as much as i love my little adam :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bfs shortly loosing his cool i think, seeing me upset doesnt really help. Hea currently calling other dealers.....so far theres a new ford ka at the local ford garage i could have cheap .......... :/

Registered
That's just craziness! I've never heard of anything like this happening at my place of work! Did you not sign a copy of your finance agreement when you ordered the car etc? I signed all the paperwork then and the direct debit papers they even took copy of me paper licence and photo card etc! Just wondered if that paperwork could be used as like a backup document :/

Registered
Can't ever say I've heard the likes of this before.GMAC should hold their heads in shame, totally unacceptable for this to happen on the day your supposed to be collecting your new car.
Edited by: j3bnl

Registered
That's shocking!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I signed the agreement form and left a deposit when i ordered, i had to wait as they did the finance check and omce that was cleared i signed and left.
Dont know what to do other than wait :(

Registered
Do you have other debts that take you over the 25%?

Registered
Last resort maybe but what about a bank loan?

You owe 286x60=17160?

Tell them to knock 拢2000 off and you'll pay cash. Payments would be about the same a month, the discount is essentially paying the interest part of the loan. Edited by: alex

Registered
This doesn't sound right to me. I'm a student and I got finance no problem and I didn't even need a guaranteur. I do work aswell, but I'm sure your earnings are more than mine. Hope u get it sorted. Good luck

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right im here bow, sorry day from ****, after 4 hours trying to sort it they have told me there is noway to have it, we tryed with 拢2000 deposit that i could scrape together and nothing, now is the reason-
When i ordered the salesman forgot to put the partners discount on and put it through at 拢308 a month, he applied, i was accepted then the car was ordered.

After doing the maths i realised there was no discount so returned and for the price to 拢286 what it should of been originally,i also added parking assist. they changed all the paperwork but didnt submit it as they assumed 拢20 less a month would be cleared easy.

Today......collection day.....they submitted the original paperwork with the new price and it was refused, they said this was because i had been accepted and canceled the order withing a 6 month period, because the original finance deal was canceled and not edited by the dealer! Not the original bulls^#t the dealer told me about 25% of my wage!So all in all a complete let down on behalf of vauxhall!

My only pleasure is knowing they have a registered adam on there forcourt with a list price of just under 拢20,000 but sadly he wont belong to me :(

I know alot of you are thinking "its her finances" it genuinly isnt, im a school teacher, own my own house and have 拢600 disposible income each month after bills! (That figure includes the price for adam!) so please please check with ur dealers and im all teared out and dont want anyone else to have this problem.

Such a shame as hes a lovely car but i think every step of this order has been a nightmare, nothing but hassle.

My sister is currently at her local dealer canceling here mokka as shes appauld at how they have treated me.

Hope you all enjoy your adams tho and thanks for being lovely, steph xx

Registered
steph, go on go compare for a loan to buy the car and enough to cover your cards so you only have the 1 bill coming out over 5 years. going to do that. interest is 4.7% with barclays. my bills are 585 a month, new loan to pay that off and buy a car over 4 years, turns up at 575 a month.

Registered
Feel so much for you steph馃槩this isn't good 馃殭馃憥馃殬

1 - 20 of 79 Posts