Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I picked up my Adam on 5th October and totally loving it
, however hubby noticed on Wednesday evening that both rear lights had condensation on the inside! Got up for work Thursday morning, no condensation however still rung the dealer and booked her in for a check up the following day. Coming out of work Thursday evening condensation very prominent in both back lights so took a couple of piccies. When I took her back to the dealer Friday morning, again the condensation wasn't present so they asked me to email the pix to the main Service man. He took one look at em, said it wasn't right and has ordered two new lamps. Good man!

I can see from a forum earlier on this year that condensation inside the rear lights was a problem for a few owners. I know the time of year is condensation mad but it should not be appearing on the inside so keep an eye on your rear lights and if you see any, contact your dealer

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had condensation on the inside of the front lights when I picked the car up, dealer took a note and told me to keep an eye on it, haven't seen it again since

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi I noticed I had it also in the back lights after I wash my adam iam going too watch out too see if it happen again but I think I make a call too the dealers as after reading that you have noticed it too maybe we do have a problem cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I left work the other day and I noticed the front windscreen was all misted up soon cleared but did think it odd will keep a eye on it

·
Registered
407 Posts
I keep checking mine as they were a but condensated up the other day. Not as bad as everyone else's. I will keep checking mine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Likewise, mines booked in for Friday. Yesterday night the front head lamps were all steamed up on the inside, not condensation, just steamed up. Wasn't there this morning or evening! Will mention that Friday too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just left my Adam in the vauxhall garage because of condensation inside rear lights, they refused to fix the problem saying that it was acceptable if the condensation disappears after 15 mins, any suggestions as to what to do, the car is only 6 weeks old?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do what everyone else has. Say you want it fixing as it is a know problem. Mine hasn't really done it. Good luck keep fighting to get it fixed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Sarahlynn

That sounds unacceptable to me, have you taken any photos of it? My condensation definitely was there for more than 15 mins, in fact it's almost permanent at the moment! Tell them it is there for longer than 15 mins, If that doesn't work, or its too much grief to get photo's, refer your dealer to this Forum, i told mine about it and that condensation was proving to be a bit of a problem for some Adam owners. You could also mention that some dealers are and have sorted the problem, under warranty, by replacing the lamps. If one dealer does it then in my opinion they should all be doing it. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Told me condensation normal . Not happy. Said i will photo and show them. Keep eye on ur number plates. Just had both changed as perished where drill holes

·
Registered
206 Posts
To people that are still following this thread, I've taken pics in the last few times and will post on here tomorrow but want to know if the problems that are/have been spoken about previously are the same as what I've had in the images... Also your success in getting Vauxhall to a) look at it and b) do anything about it

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have just read this entire thread and have to make two comments:

1) Condensation is normal, a little of it, if you drive home on a coolish dark night then check in the morning. Its because there is a differential in heat between one side of the lamp lens and the other. If it lingers then you have a problem, if it clears pretty quick you are dealing with the laws of physics and there is little Vauxhall, GM, Her Majesty or Captain Montgomery Scott can do about it. After all, 'you canne change the laws o' physics.'

2) Learn to bloody English! The grammar in this topic is awful. It was difficult to read! At least try and write a decent response, none of this . It happened. Ill check again. Will post again if dog does a whoopsie. Its horrible.

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Was gonna say exactly the same...

Condensation on drying roads during the middle of the day after a 10 ish mile journey??? That not normal??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine does it on cold mornings or after lights been on but soon clears, if people looked closer they would see the small holes that are in the units for this issue,
they clear relatively quick when the headlights or my LED daytime running lights are on.
Doesn't bother me seems it clears after like 2 minutes, but if it sticks around get it booked in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi
I'm fairly certain that the owners manual mentions the possibility of the lights fogging up and not to worry about it? This implies Vauxhall know about it and aren't concerned.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts