Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya.
Strangely I've noticed that my LED day running lights are brightest on their own - when I turn the sidelights on they dim. I would have assumed turning lights ON would mean at least the same brightness plus some. I thought sidelights kept my fronts the same, just turned the back on as well. This isn't the case. It turns backs on but dims the fronts, which I find odd.
Is this normal? Does everyone's do this or is there some fault with mine?!!!
Cheers.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yep my jams the same 😕
I want to change the bulbs I've change the headlights but now the day runners seem very yellow🚙😟🚘

·
Registered
944 Posts
Get some xenon headlight bulbs. ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do you no what bulbs I'd need for the day runners on a jam ? 🚘💡🚙

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mines was the same and I got really confused!! I am thinking about also changing to xenons as I find the standard lights are really crap on dark roads! First time i took Adam down dark road I had to keep putting full beams on to see a decent distance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not really querying the main headlights - I know these aren't LEDs and I accept it's different. It's literally the normal day running lights and sidelights I'm querying. I don't want to change any bulbs - it's the LEDs ones, not the headlights. There's nothing wrong with them when they're on normally - I just find it strange that they dim when you put the sidelights on (the headlights do not come on with the sidelights - I'm fine with that).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah that's what I meant in the first part which is what I'm confused about too. I sat outside my other halts facing his garage and noticed it too that when you turn on side lights the LEDs went a fair bit dimmer than normal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just been reading this, i think they Dim in most other cars too when 'sidelights' are turned on because you wouldn't 'use' sidelights unless its dusk so darker, last thing you want is a set of bright DRLs coming at you.
Also don't forget DRLs have to be bright when running as DRLs otherwise no point having them ;-)
Its like on Audis and stuff, if you see one and the driver indicates the DRL on that side dims so you can see the indicator better due to the DRL and indicator being close together.

Hope this makes sense? Typing on my phone in a tiny box is bloody differcult hahah!

Sent from iPhone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts