Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
How'd you find that?

Registered
And what does it actually do...?!

Registered
Probably unlocks the hidden settings and things. Likely allows you to remove apps and parts that you couldn't do otherwise. Not for us to do ourselves :)

Registered

Thats my guess.

Registered
In the mercedes secret menu, it enables you to turn on and off stuff like driveway lights (headlights stay on for so many seconds after locking) and bits and pieces like that

Registered
Come on, someone crack it... ;)

Is it just 4 numbers P3?

Registered
If you keep on pressing digits it looks like it could take upto 9 digits ... I'd bet on something that can be derived from the chassis number.

Registered
It might be worth just seeing how many numbers you need to enter first and go from there.

If it's 4 numbers, it could be the year it was made or 0000, 1111 or 1234.
If it's longer than that, the number may be in the manual book somewhere either at the front, back or under the intelli-link pages.

Registered
Manuals are printed in block all the same ... if it's the same for everybody it could be there (I did take a quick look but found nothing).
I tried both 2014 and 2015 that could be when mine was manufactured but it was a no go.
I still think it might be somehow derived from chassis number or some other unique ID number ... or maybe it's "Opel Adam" in ASCII code or something like that.

Anyone know anything about the hardware things like what CPU/SOC it uses.

I noticed that it scans the USB stick before it boots up ... it may be looking for a bootable usb stick, or maybe firmware binary image for self update.

Registered
May be worth going to your dealership as they may be the only ones that can do it.

Registered
I tried the dealership way and they tried to deny the existence of the devel mode ... and then continued to sustain that the adam's infotainment system was only ever made to uniquely support those 3 lonely apps.

My advice is reading this book: "Car Hackers 2014" by Craig Smith
as it may contain more accurate information that you will ever get from GM's dealership support, and on top of that it may actually help you hack a custom mod to your car.

Registered
I dropped by the dealer today to ask if there was any updates available for the adam's infotainment and I was told that an update was available, but that it could not be done today because the update requires internet connection and they were having issues with that currently.

I investigated a little further and I was told that the update is done via OBDII, so the usb bootable update system is probably a no go.
Even if someone hacks more apps for the infotainment system how the **** are we supposed to install them !

Registered
TRY THIS CODE - 20110827. When you enter the code, you will need to press the ok button then the back button and the developer mode will appear in the settings section at the bottom. (If the code works) (Found this on the Corsa forum.)

If above does not work, try the below options.

Have you been given a software number if not, look in your smaller instruction book for only the media part as it may be in there
Engineering team may use it only.

May be on your security card - Back of black/grey manual cover, and its a white card same size as a credit card.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts