Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the diamondbrite is going to cost 299, is it worth getting?
I'm sorting my own gap insurance as the one through the dealers is a rip off but thinking the diamondbrite is a necessity?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The paint on these cars is shocking so any form of protection is a must really. I bought the guardx stuff with ours plus I wash and wax it every week and am still getting bad scratches in the paint when a leaf blows over it (sarcasm but it does seem to be anything that damages it)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this paint issue has got me worried. I'm about to finalise the spec for my order tomorrow morning and have the credit application sent through but I'm in two minds!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I suppose its luck of the draw with the paintwork i have a purple fiction Adam with the guard on and my paintwork is spotless... I drive down the motorway twice a day and work on an industrial site where there are loads of lorries kicking up god knows what from the road. I have washed and polished mine twice in the 5 weeks ive had it and to date havent got any scratches/marks! (touch wood!!!)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Leanne don't let it put you off, most people wouldn't notice the paint defects. It is only OCD numpties like me that check every inch of every panel everytime they clean it and then cry when they see the slightest imperfection. The paint is quite thin and soft compared to others though so you do need to look after it

·
Registered
162 Posts
If your paying £15000 and more for a car they can at least make sure the paint is up to standard!!
I've had numerous cars and can guarantee no other car manufacturer has had these issues that i have with the paint on my Adam, its a joke.
Its been in the paint shop 4 times since november for rusting, peeling and the slightest scratches, I don't work to pay the money I paid for it for the car to be faulty and me to just accept it, its unacceptable.
Be the last vauxhall I'll buy though now after the hassle they have given me, back to VW or Ford next time.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Rusting already??
Cant you speak to trading standards about it, list the things you have had wrong with it, show work notes if you have them or anything else?
A new car shouldn't be rusting at all units its 7-9 years old, min!
Edited by: Martin_B

·
Registered
68 Posts
Again.... it doesn't look like it is an issue with all Adams so think its a bit unfair tarring them all with the same "crappy paintwork" brush!I paidtouching£16.5kfor my Slam and if i had any issues with my paint work it would be back at the dealers straight away.... I am the same as you Krafty.... a little bit OCD when i come to my car and if that isnt bad enough my fella is 10 times worse than me. Every time ive washed it ive taken over an hour polishing it and can hand on heart say i have no chips/scratches/rusty bits on my car. I think there is another thread somewhere talking about paintwork.... might be worth a view on that asfrom memoryI think there was a reacurring theme with certain colours.... I will have a dig through the forums see if i can send the link over!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I read about the other paintwork problems with "Fallout" on certain panels.
Its the fact your near new car has rusting. Stone chips, scratches, it happens, you can be parked up in a supermarket carpark, go in for 10 mins, come back out and someone has walked past with there jacket open and the zip has scratches it, its life. But I cant get my head around rusting

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mines a Black and white Adam, I got the paint protection as it came as part of the deal, hasn't made much difference if i'm honest it started rusting bottom of boot and on drivers side front wheel arch, so its been in over and over and the fact is the next time it is going in then I'll go trading standards as i've said if i'm paying £15000 i expect a car that will at least be worth the quality,
The dealers have been awesome in trying to sort it but they got someone from head office to come take a look the 3rd time i had an issue and he was shocked as it was the 10th one he had seen with paint issues but the worse out of all of them.
If any more issues arise i'll be getting rid of the car as they have failed to meet their side of the agreement of supplying a car that isn't up to scratch, just annoying as i've had the car 8 months and its been in paint and body shop for a month and half of that! So my eyes are peeled at every clean lol as getting a major pain now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm hearing this has got me even more worried! I've read the other post on 'fallout' and soft paint and stone chipping easily. It's worrying that the paint work is only guaranteed for a year too, or so I've heard? I'm quite OCD myself and in this day and age you definitely don't expect substandard paint for the price of the car! It does sound like some people are being fobbed off with the 'fallout' line too from reading other posts!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't let it put you off Leanne, I think the rusting problem was with earlier models and should be sorted now. As for the easy scratching that will be colour specific as certain colours will be more noticeable, and will be an issue on nearly every standard manufacturer

·
Registered
162 Posts
Early models?
Please explain why mines a 63 plate so the 3rd registered models seems the Adams where available as a 62 reg, my car is 8 month old and if people think owning a car for 8 months from new is ok to rust as its an apparent 'early' model then Vauxhall need to have serious words with their quality procedures!
No brand new car, whether its the first one created should have paint issues simple!
As per previous posts it doesn't seem related to any specified colours or models just seems to be bad luck, but I could go buy the latest Adam and could get the same issue, its just the luck of the draw, either way they've sorted it and thrown in the VXR bodykit for my troubles so either way if you have issues you'll get some compensation out of it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
lilernie94 I was only speculating that they may have had a slight issue in the production of the car at the beginning which has now been sorted. You are right that no new car should have paint issues but a completely new model might have teething issues in production that will get ironed out once noticed

·
Registered
162 Posts
No worries yeah i know what you mean, I'm annoyed with the issues I've had that's all haha

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bet you are, I know I would be. Think I would have thrown the keys at them and asked for my money back to be honest. But it is always possible with a new model as the production line is new

·
Registered
568 Posts
Leanne mypaintwork is immaculate and my friend who details cars said its a very good paintwork job. My car unfortunately was caught in a big smash not caused by me and even the replacement panels are spot on! I've done 3800 miles all motorway miles with only 1 chip so far which I think is very good and I paid extra for the Diamondbrite and I swear the shine against the untreated cars is just phenomenal! It makes a massive difference and when you work out the finance the extra few hundred makes literally no difference on pricewhat so ever. If you don't get the protection you'll be making a big mistake!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Save the money and get it detailed properly. Over priced rubbish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts