Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have had my Adam for 6 months now, and this past week when I was driving I could hear a wooshing sound, like air coming in through an open window. When I then looked at the car door I noticed it wasn't flush with the car body and there was a gap about a cm wide.
I took it into my local Vauxhall dealer on Friday, they told me it was fixed but the minute I saw the door I knew it wasn't. So it has been back in today and they have rang me to say they cannot mend it, they believe it is a problem with the shimm hinges, and it needs to go to a body shop and may not be covered under warranty.

Has anyone else had this problem? it is like the door has just dropped down off its hinges.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I havnt heard of this on the adams, but i have or other models...
If your car is still under warranty and there is no damage which has resulted in this defect, take it up with vauxhall uk head office...
Its their way of not having to pay the dealer bodyshop to repair it

·
Registered
172 Posts
If they said 'problem with the shimm hinges' rather than 'damaged shimm hinges' then that is obviously a warranty issue :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
I have had my Adam for 6 months now, and this past week when I was driving I could hear a wooshing sound, like air coming in through an open window. When I then looked at the car door I noticed it wasn't flush with the car body and there was a gap about a cm wide.
I took it into my local Vauxhall dealer on Friday, they told me it was fixed but the minute I saw the door I knew it wasn't. So it has been back in today and they have rang me to say they cannot mend it, they believe it is a problem with the shimm hinges, and it needs to go to a body shop and may not be covered under warranty.

Has anyone else had this problem? it is like the door has just dropped down off its hinges.
I have the same on my passenger door, although I admit it was caused by my passenger letting go of the door into a gust of wind.

Did you get it fixed in the end and was it expensive? I've been putting it off since December...

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you had no incidents and it happened with just normal use you should insist it gets mended in warranty.
This said I've had similar issues on 2 other cars and on both cases it was just a warp of the tot rear corner. You can generally warp it back yourself ... I had a car repait shop show me once how they fix it and ever on after I've done it myself: lower the window and force the corner back into place when the dor is open ... the close it to check fit ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Did this ever get fixed?

Just picked up a 2014 Adam and noticed the drivers door has dropped slightly, likely due to previous owner losing hold of it in a strong wind.

Just wondered whether this was repairable?

Cheers
George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts