Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had mine into dealership. The exhaust was making funny noise. New silencer has been ordered. All on under warranty. Which was good news. Any body else had the same? Still love the car tho. Took it down to Reading and back last weekend and was a join to drive on the motorways. What with cruise control and bluetooth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes mine did the same, had it repaired under warranty last week and got the impression from the dealer that it's quite a common fault.Hope yours is fixed quickly, nothing worse than drawing attention to your new car for all the wrong reasons!
Edited by: kj166

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. I shall. Its going in on monday for the new part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all had the same with my 2 month old Slam extreme, took it back to dealer today they said the middle exhaust section is rubbing on its self, they have ordered a new section. As the Adam is still fairly rare they do not have much experience with this model. We will probably hear of more owners reporting the same problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had mine fixed they told me the baffles had gone in the center part of the exhaust so they replaced the hole system!! Just drove it to work tonight and the engine management light has come on so will be good back too them today for it sorting!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So is the exhaust a common problem with the Adam's? Since the day I got mine I thought the exhaust sounded as if it was blowing but thought there was no way it could be on a brand new car and 10 months later it hasn't got any worse. Maybe I should get it checked out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't hurt for them to look either way. I have a problem with condensation inside my rear lights which I gather others have too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best thing to do to check if ya exhaust is faulty is wined your window down and go through the gears nice and steady listening too the car or even have someone sat in the car pressing the throttle and someone listening too the rear end of the car, if there seems too be a slight rattle or ever a grumbling sound it's probbebly faulty the main fault is the baffles going in the center peice of the exhaust. I knew what it was because I have worked with cars for years now so best bet for you more inexperienced motor mechanics is too get it booked in to Vauxhall!! We pay enough for are cars so why not

·
Registered
86 Posts
My exhaust is the same and I have an Adam.. Getting ready to have a big moan at Vauxhall. Been back to the garage 8 times. Window wipers keep breaking, had a problem with the exhaust twice.. Clutch problems and my handbrake keeps coming very loose and making a popping noise. Not happy :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts