Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Bit of a random question to ask- with the intellilink you don't get a CD player but has anyone tried connecting an external USB CD drive to their adam to see if it will play ??

·
Registered
117 Posts
It will be very unlikely that that would work but you can plug in a standard cd player the the aux and that will work

·
Registered
469 Posts
Should play, or put your CD's on your computer, then onto a USB stick.
You dont have all the CD's in the car then or the external H/D. I got an MP3 player in my car and use an SD card.,

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've put most of my music onto a 32gig usb stick and another one for my movies, no more old fashioned cd's all over the passenger seat and dashboard.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Put your CD's on your computer, then sell the CD's straight away, get back nearly what you paid for them then!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Or buy a small CD walkman player and a AUX to plug into the headphone socket. if you don't fancy converting to MP3 yet... thats the easiest way.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Only thing with that is, most of the controls in the car wont be any use.
Your have to use the walkman to change track, play, pause etc, and the sounds wont be as good as its coming from the headphone socket.
Also, if you go this way, make sure you carry a lot of batteries around with you if you dont have a cig lighter socket to keep power to it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have iphone... so not bothered. but someones question was to play CD.. just saying.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I know, im just saying that the controls in the car wouldnt work on something plugged in by headphones thats all.
The external H/D should work though, worth a go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've got 32gb memory stick plugged in, loads of music and pics on it. it only sticks out the slot about 5mm so still can use the little pockety to keep stuff in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, I've got a micro memory stick but was just curious if it worked- and the answer is no, tried it this evening and it came up as an unsupported device, but thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
What memory is your stick?
Believe it or not, a lot of devices only support external drives / stick with a max of 16gb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts