Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Iv had my vauxhall adam glam for 5 weeks now, was just wondering if any of you had a problem with their boot popping open on its own? The lights flash as if it has been locked/unlocked and when i go check my boot has come off its catch and is wide open?

Taken it back to the dealership and they have fitted a new catch, a new lock and have re-programmed it on the computer system but nothing is working?!?!?!?!?!?!

Really frustrating!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not heard of this one, how odd! It's as if someone's a hiding round the corner and is using your keyfob just to give themselves a giggle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish it was as simple as that! My car is back down at Jct as we speak for the 6th time with my boot! Any advise on what I can say/do?! It's taking the mick abit now!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Contact Vauxhall head office customer services to see if they can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are trading standards able to help even if the dealership is doing everything they can to sort it? How long will they let it go on for until they say I have to have a new car?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You'll be hard pushed to get a new car out of them. Best thing to do is to contact trading standards, they will advise you on what steps to take if you want to reject the car, you will need to write an accurate diary of everything and send them certain letters and advise the hpi company if you have hpi. Its not easy to reject a car, another avenue maybe to get something like what car magazine consumer section on the case (they sorted a problem for me a few years ago). I'm sure they will fix your adam soon and save you all the bother.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Iv refused to take it back from them until the problem is sorted which they have agreed to! To he honest they are doing everything they can and I know it's not their fault but its annoying when it's a brand new car and I'm paying all the money I am for it! Please let me know if you all hear of anybody else having the same problem!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds like a wiring problem not a boot lock problem, they need to contact the factory for advice I would have thought- they are mechanics not software people.I would contact Vauxhall directly because it sounds like your garage are being reasonable and are doing all they can, but maybe it the problem needs to be dealt with by people higher up the chain than the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts