Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the FIFTH time I'm having to book my Adam back in the body shop for PAINT issues,
I've had rusting on my front drivers side wheel arch which was sorted,
Had bubbling paint from the suns heat on my rear bumper, which again was sorted.
Peeling paint on the passengers door! Again sorted under warranty!
Paint Lacker peeling off the Bonnet! Sorted under Warranty!
And now I have numerous (roughly 30) orange marks all over my WHITE roof at the back so not from stone chips where the paint is rusting again!
And the best part is my car is 10 months old!
I called Head office anyway yesterday as had enough of constantly being without a car due to it being in the dealership and for the money I pay (The best part of £300!) because these Adam's are an apparent 'Quality' car I doubt I'd have this with any other £16000 car.
I know people will say its because its a new car but if your willing to pay the money we are and willing to accept dodgy paintwork as decent quality then that's up-to you but I just think its beyond a joke now.
Anyway cut a long story short, called head office told them my issues, they checked their system saw everything that has been done and I have a quality assessor driving up from Luton to meet me at my dealership after I finish work to see the car and if he feels its under par then I'm having a full car respray with a courtesy car and the VXR bodykit fitted and painted thrown in due to all the hassle I have had with the car.
Will keep you all updated but would look at your Adams a bit more closely as I know I ain't the only one who has had issues where the paint is faulty.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Got any photos? Loads of people having issues with paint! I've got about 8 stone chips on my bonnet at 4000 miles but I guess that could happen on an car. The paint is very thin on door edges too.

You've done well getting the vxr kit for nothing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures will be on this afternoon, after I've been to the dealer and seen the assessor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Laura

Hi Guys, I bought my Adam in 2014 and a couple of months back I noticed my paintwork on my front bumper had began to peel - My car went in for service last week and i mentioned to them about the paintwork and they referred me on to the body shop. After calling the body shop they have now told me that apparently it is not covered under the warranty and that the paint work only has 1 year warranty. I'm currently on hold to the head office to see where I stand with regards to this - What are your guys understanding on this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts