and they look great. will get pics up soon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
206 Posts
looks good. the only problem is you have now made your car a mot failure the reason is there is no headlight cleaning device ie no washers jets fitted.but on a good note no mot for 3 years yet anyway

·
Registered
407 Posts
What??? I dont get what you mean raffo? Just because it has better lights thats not a Mot failure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
if you replace your standard bulbs with the after market FULL h.i.d kit the ones were you have to fit a voltage amplifer fitted.the ones that have a blueish and very bright look to them . the chav look bulb/headlights that blind you are now illegal for m.o.t purpuse if not standard fit on the car it has to have a headlight cleaning device fitted.you look at cars with proper h.i.d fitted(factory) you will see washer jets on bumper or pop up when headlights and washers are used because the adam was only fitted with sandard h7 bulbs no claning device needed.but because shaunrichmond23fitted full kit not just put brighter bulbs in like me and others have now is becomes a mot failure. i'am a m.o.t tester in shortas long as you dont fit a full h.i.d kit your legal

·
Registered
457 Posts
So we are ok with just changing bulbs h1 h7 55w ?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like it just not full hid's by the sounds of it

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've just had my arse chewed for failing one with hid's and the offical from the vosa helpline was can't fail em. The only way you could fail them is beam pattern & the light output, but vosa don't have a recognised tester for the output. Which is a pain as they are a complete and utter pain in the arse on the road. Shouldn't be sold or allowed in the uk. If they come from the factory they come with headlight wash & also have a ride height/ load adjuster that works with the suspension ride height

1 - 10 of 10 Posts