Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Improved looks, a smoother ride and some neat detailing inside and out mean the new Vauxhall Adam Rocks Air can claim to be the most appealing version of the Adam yet. But the real star of the show is the company's new three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which is an absolute peach.

We really like the new Adam Rocks and actually think it's a nicer proposition than the standard hatchback, as it has more charisma, better-resolved looks and some nice touches - such as the full-length cabrio roof - that make it an appealing little 'CUV'. But the real talking point is the debut of the marvellous Ecotec 1.0-litre turbo engine, which is undoubtedly the star attraction here. Silky smooth and so flexible you quickly forget its diminutive size, it easily matches Ford's benchmark 'Fox' EcoBoost unit and in many ways surpasses it. Spec up an Adam Rocks with this lump and plenty of kit, though, and you'll pay quite a lot of money for what is, ultimately, an endearing little crossover.
Read the full review here:http://www.carenthusiast.com/reviews/article/9853/-/2014-Volkswagen-Adam+Rocks+Air/First+drive+-+1.0+EcoFlex.html

·
Registered
83 Posts
I still don't like the look of the car... However it was great to read them raving about the 1.0 engine as that is what we have ordered for our Jam. Can't wait!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry Vauxhall, this is an epic fail. It looks like a rover streetwise off of 10 years ago. It's a completely pointless fake 'off road' body kit And then it's got a convertible roof?

Buy the time that's fully spec'ed up it's gonna be heading onto 20k. Why anyone would pay 20k for one baffles my brain!
The convertible top needs to be on the standard hatchback.
And they could have spent their time designing an epic Vxr model or make the 'adam S' look different from the standard one.
Vauxhall continues to spend money in the wrong places.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Well said!

Surely they won't sell many.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Round my area standard Adams are a rare sight... I don't think I will ever see one of these any time soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts