Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our Adam Glam 1.4 (100PS) Eco - fantastic car and we're both really pleased so far..! It had a previous owner briefly so whilst we got REALLY close to the spec we wanted, there are a couple of things I'd like to change. We really wanted a different colour logo bar and the sports pedals.
I notice that you can buy these directly from Vauxhall cheaper than the 'fitted' price quoted on the website/brochure. Just wondering if anyone had attempted to change either of these items themselves and if there were any 'gotcha's'.....
Thanks in advance..!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was thinking of fitting carbon fibre cover to my rear view mirror to match my door mirrors which already have carbon fibre on them & apparently it's easy to fit would also like to know if anyone has done this? Also interested in the sports pedals

·
Registered
944 Posts
My Adam was a pre reg so couldn't get exactly what I wanted... Thought it was well worth it really, couple of grand off list price and only 200 miles.

Means that I want to add a few things though! After a new logo bar, wingmirrors, sports pedals and considering changing the wheels.

Interested to hear from anyone who has changed things themselves!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex,
After a bit of digging I managed to find some instructions - they are for the Opel Adam but the complexity will be the same.
Sport Pedals -http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/93199577.pdf
Mirror Trims -http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13392142.pdf
Interior Trims -http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13427078.pdf
Rear view mirror trim -http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13392134.pdf
As you may have spotted, its just a matter of getting the part number from the Vauxhall Accessories website and changing the name of the PDF file to get the instructions you need.
I'm changing the Logo bar on mine at the weekend - I'll let you know how it goes..! Given the pedals are just clip on covers - that might be next.
Hope that helps..!
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the link Phil. Just looked up the flexdock installation. Looks like they'll be taking my Adam apart to fit the dock. Scary! Hopefully they will do a good job and put everything back together without damaging anything.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Cheers for that Phil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, finally got the correct logo bar from Vauxhall ( they originally supplied an OPEL one! ) and fitted it this evening. We went for the 'I'll be black' as we wanted it to match the indicator surrounds on our white glam.
Very straightforward - took about 3 minutes. Just peel of the backing from the double sided tape and stick it over the chrome bar. You need to take a bit of care that its in the right place before peeling, but you can't go too far wrong.
Certainly cheaper to order online and fit yourself.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Photos...?

Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was dark when I was putting it on - so I'm afraid no step by step photos. I'll take one at the weekend so that you can see how it looks now...
Bought the part online athttp://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/vauxhall-adam-accessories-2013
Delivery is free, so it saves time queuing at the parts department at the local dealer..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had my flex dock installed today. Bloody idiots have broken my usb connection. Am fuming. I hope it's just something not plugged in. Will be driving over before work as a very unhappy customer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear that....but just a thought....if you mean the USB connection in the console, wouldn't that have been disconnected so that the flex dock could plug in instead....I would think the flex dock is just a USB connection by another name.
Just had a quick look at the install document, and it look suspiciously like a connection gets taken off the back of the radio ( picture 11 - PLUG G ) and the taped up out of the way ( picture 12 ). It then looks like the flex dock cable takes its place ( picture 20 - PLUG B ).
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13378302.pdf
Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick or I'm teaching to suck eggs..!!! Just wanted to check before you storm into the dealer..!!
*Edit* - Actually it looks like some kind of box goes in that I guess could be a small USB hub type device that would allow both to be used...hopefully they've just not plugged something in correctly...hope its resolved quickly..!
Edited by: PJ107

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah I saw that thanks, but there is no way for me to look into that so here this morning before work to see what they say. I really don't have time for this but if it's going to happen to someone it would be me!!! I can't believe they did test either of the usb connections. Oh and a word of warning for anyone else that wants the dock - it isn't usb at the back it's mini usb! Who uses mini usb these days? I've had to buy an adaptor!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How did you get on with the dealer - did they manage to sort it out? Would be interested to hear if you can still use the lower USB socket with the Flexdock fitted..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Booked in for Tuesday. You can use both the new usb and the bottom one to. The part fitted just gives you power to the dash. I didn't want wires everywhere. I am so annoyed as I picked up my car at 5pm it was dark. They haven't even clipped the panel back in properly. I am
Going to insist that my car is sorted in the morning in full day light this time so I can inspect it. I can't believe they didn't have the sense to try a phone. I think they have rushed the job. They had my car from 9am till 5 and then had the cheek to want to keep it another day for a fitting that should only take 45 minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here we go.....I think it looks better with the chrome changed to black. Better match for the front lights. Easy to fit and much easier that messing around with the dealer...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Changed the gear stick today... Pretty easy really, once you can get something to lift up the enclosure it's just one little clip for reverse gear to remove. Looks much better now!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just wondering, how easy would it be to take off logo bar? I have pre-made up Adam Slam that's arriving in few weeks time that has White logo bar that I really am not sure if I like it and was wondering to replace it with Black.

·
Registered
944 Posts
They just stick on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Got pics of mudflaps I fitted last weekend, anyone know of anyway of uploading more than 1 pic per comment??

Front ones are slightly different to back, so took about 6. Mine don't seem to stick out as much as others I've seen on here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts