Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had the Flex dock installed? I have been asked to drive in sand see the parts and service department so they can find out how I want it installed. I hope its a quick and easy job!??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you go along and have it fitted?How does it look?
From £254 seems a bit excessive

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. They have ordered the parts just waiting for them to come in. It's £275 fitted

·
Registered
172 Posts
We definitely need pics of that once it is in :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What's this?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It holds your smartphone and has a usb
Port for charging. If you find the video for the black and white Adams for 2014 you'll see it in the video

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks will have a look

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Booked in for Wednesday so I'll post some pictures of the Flex dock when I get my Adam back. They said they want it all day (hopefully it won't be all day) as they have not installed one before!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This is what the Flexdock looks like installed. It still does not power my phone but is with Vauxhall today to get that sorted. Hopefully it will all be fine by the end of the day

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the Flex dock works now after a second visit but they have managed do damage my dash. I wouldn't advise anyone getting this done. I wish I hadn't bothered! When the Flexdock is installed it disables your lower usb. It will only work when you remove the cradle by pressing the button on the dock. Weirdly the lower usb will charge your phone when the engine is off

·
Registered
172 Posts
150 euros for the german flex dock. unbelievable the massive price difference

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need to pay for the dock and the baseplate as well as fitting

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think im going to get one of these and mount it near the usb socket, as dont see the point in having the phone ontop of the dash :/

LinkEdited by: L8ydg

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hmm yeah this looks a bit better than on top of the dash like. And its different :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was thinking the same jim to be honest the only thing i can think of it so your phone doesnt slide about when its plugged into the usb, and its a bit easyer than fiddling about for a cable i suppose.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah basically a holder for your phone whilst being connected.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts