Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month in bodyvshop got adam back friday looks great ..... its had a full strip down and repaint because of scratching ( looked like someone had been using sandpaper on it ) didnt exept it back the first tine as touched paint on car and guess whatit scratched bodyshop manager looked very shocked and got vauxhall involved straight away on inspection car was far from looking how it should dry patches even put doorhandles on upside down hadnt painted in the sills .. however vauxhall area tech guy attended a few days later and has agreed thatvwe use the car for a few months and he will reinspect we have had half the car protected with a pure gaurd to see if this helps . Washed car yesterday and yet again covered in scratches even on protected panels I used new sponge and chamoise leather we are so upset as we love the car and not willing to have it painted again on the up side had mirrors and little triangle done white to match wheels and front bar that looks great photos to follow

·
Registered
944 Posts
The protection does nothing if you don't wash it properly.

I had mine professionally detailed and protected with £300+ wax. I still put a few scratches on it.

Get rid if the sponge and use a microfibre wash glove.

Get rid of the chamois and use a decent drying towel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alex I am 47 yrs old my friend and worked in the motor trade all, my life I think I know how to wash a car ..... my car doesnt scratch and I wash it the same way hose down to remove dirt soapy water rinse then chamoise .... this has served me well on all my cars I am pulling my hair out what I left with this car ps my son has a cleaning co and details cars as part of his business he is at a loss why adam is scratching also vauxhall have painted the full car because this fault with the paint so if you have nothing but sarcasm mate then please dont try and look clever sarcasim is the lowest firm of whit

·
Registered
944 Posts
You might be 47 and you might of worked in the car business. It doesn't change the fact that sponges cause scratches. Are you using 2 buckets and grit guards?

I accept the adam seems to have soft paint compared to other cars but a sponge isn't helping!Edited by: alex

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just so its clear I am not using a cheap pound shop sponge it came with my car and is devoloped not to scratch ... and I haved used the lathers from same place for years without damaging my other cars I think it is as you say soft paint but mine is now not factory paint and still scratching I have posted photo as it was being picked up you can see squirl marks in paint and it hadnt left body shop mind it has loads more sparkle and no orange peel now

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm not trying to irritate you here but I'd seriously try a microfibre glove and microfibre drying towel. Pretty much every detailing site recommends ditching sponges as they're simply not as good. It's something to do with how a sponge is made up, I can't remember the exact reason.

Could be the reason it's scratched from the paint place. I know a place round here had endless complaints as they sprayed a car then sent it to the work experience guy to clean before collection. He was using knackered old sponges and was wrecking cars!

Hope you get it sorted though. I picked mine up from a week at the detailers today and it's immaculate. I know as soon as I see scratches im going to be gutted!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The One Show on Friday was at Car Fest. Chris Evans interviewed a professional who said the same as Alex, microfibre washglove and a fleecey drying towel. Will be on bbc iplayer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts