Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE do we start?!
Took my other half to J Davy Vauxhall in Basingstoke back in February to view an Adam, she fell in love with it and a week later we went back to place an order on an Adam Slam with Red & Roll twist pack, Led roof lining, Led lights in the arches, Red leather interior such as Gear Knob, Handbrake and Steering wheel and the intelink stereo system!

Placed the order on the 2nd of March although that in itself was a nightmare because we were lumbered with a Salesman new to Vauxhall (Kevin) Took ages to through what we wanted and he knew nothing of the ordering system and was getting frustrated with US... anyway the due date was middle of May...
Middle of May came and went with no car, So the other half rang J Davy and asked where it was, "sorry there's been a delay and it will be here on the 6th of June" She accepts that, there is teething problems.

6th of June came last Thursday... No phone call, So the other half rang J Davy in Basingstoke AGAIN! Guess what, they told her the build date would now be July 24th...
She was so upset and gutted, Her FIRST brand new purchase and its turning into a nightmare. Also to add into this she was checking the build tracker everyday, No ticks what-so-ever! It knew the car but nothing was ticked. J Davy said they had a problem with their Adam orders not showing on the tracker.

So Thursday afternoon I rang J Davy and demanded a Sales Manager tell me what's going on to get the car here ASAP, The guy told me I could not speak to a manager because they were all in a meeting, so I asked him to grab one out of the meeting before they lose a sale, he said if he did he would lose his job.

Spoke to the sales Manager the following day and he said it won't be here until the 24th of July, I said this is not good enough, it will almost be SIX months from date of order and NO Vauxhall should take that long especially as we were told "Middle of May" and we had been checking this site (lurking in the background) to see if anyone else had major problems with their order.. NOPE! Some people had an extra wait of a week or two but NOT four months.

J DAVY rang the other half today and said "Their is a problem with the red logo bar, they don't want to put it on your car because it shouldn't be part of the Twisted Red pack" WHICH it IS! As we went to Eden Vauxhall in Newbury and they had a Blue Adam Glam in there with the Red twisted pack, Lo and behold it was on that car!

After he gave that spiel he then mentioned it had moved to the 26th of July.. HOW does it move to EXTRA days? It should be minus two days!

So after that call she went and looked at another marque of car. "VW SCIROCCO" Not an Adam because she was so dis-heartened with Vauxhall she went straight onto the car she wanted way before the Adam came up, but it was a much bigger car and she thought it was out of her price range so chose the Adam because of its quirkiness and the Lifetime Warranty.
After comparing prices, Insurance, Tax and fuel consumption the VW was in a league of its own and an easy decision for her to make, PLUS... IT will be ready Friday the 14th of JUNE.

The real kick in the teeth is now the Adam tracker is showing a build confirmation date of the 5th of June. HOW? It was ordered on the 2nd of March.

So long story short, Due to J Davy or Vauxhall's (or BOTH) incompetence Adam will now be a memory of four disastrous months.

We wish you lots of happy days enjoying your Adam's but we sadly won't be joining in.
Edited by: NO_Adam

·
Registered
65 Posts
What a nightmare! I'm still waiting for a build date for my replacement Jam (after the original was sent with the wrong colour roof) and that was over 2 mmths ago

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really surprised at that. Also why didn't the dealer put into the bodyshop and paint the roof your desired colour?
That would have been the easiest and quickest option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The roof colour extends to the waist line of the car on the inside door frames and boot opening so it would have meant stripping the interior out before it could be sprayed suppose it was too much work for them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts