Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sorted myself a car out.
Go to Vauxhall to pay despoit and sign paperwork ready for me to pick it up next week on Friday.
I have brought....
2014 Vauxhall Corsa, 1.4 Turbo Black Limited Edition
Will post pictures next weekend once I have it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Is it the new shape one?

Buying my GTC on sat. Can't wait for some turbo goodness!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the brand new corsa shape as I wouldn't get that until after Xmas.

It's the current shape on a 64 reg.

As its a 1.4 turbo petrol, do you get the like throtterly sound of the turbo and dump valve? Or would it be silent and would need upgrading?

·
Registered
114 Posts
It would be fairly quiet, the turbo isn't as much for performance as for economy. You could fiddle with it but you would wreck your fuel economy in the process.

Even with the VXR it's mainly in the exhaust.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now you have lost me. I just get in it and drive it, my modifying days came and went before I even had a car!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still like to do little bits lol
I just wasnt sure if it would sound better with a performance panel filter or cone.
Its something easy to change and when it goes in for service mot etc, then it takes 2 mins to change back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
To be honest they are tiny turbos built for economy.
A panel filter won't make any noise difference, a cone filter will make a throatier intake noise but will be exposed to the hot engine and therefore intake hot air.
Hot air = less performance

You could fit a dump valve but seeing as the turbo probably produces less than 8 psi and it is a variable vane turbo the amount of wasted boost would be minuscule so it would sound a bit "wispy".
Best bet would he to fit a recirculation valve to dump any wasted boost back into the engine.. But still would make little to no performance difference.

I don't mean to sound all negative about it, they are great engines but not built for perfromace like the VXRs are more geared towards.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking of another dump valve, but it would void the lifetime warranty, so just really looking at air filter to be honest.
Might try a K&N 57i panel filter, see if it does anything.

·
Registered
944 Posts
#shouldofgonevxr ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.