Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm gutted! My beaut of a car is going the journey because my patience with the 'style over substance' way of building cars has worn off!
I've just part exchanged my stunning purple and cream adam jam for a superb Audi A1 1.6 TDI sport in brown with white roof!

Reasons why Adam has gone:
- 1.2 is just so pathetic! No power at all! 1.6TDI A1 is much nicer
- Something in the heating matrix broke and had to be fixed meaning no heating over winter
- Vauxhall are too ignorant to allocate a good diesel for Adam by suggesting Adam owners only live in cities
- White seats stain so easily and no valeter so far dares to touch them
- After buying Bringgo, my usb stopped working and has been replaced twice!
- Cannot forgive rear leg space anymore, the A1 excels in this department
- Paint has chipped so easily even on the top of the range pearlescent finish.
- White boomerang alloys have gone yellow and nothing is cleaning this....I've tried everything!
- Fuel economy started at 56 and has now dropped 8 months later to 47 if I'm lucky.

Unfortunately all these things have spoilt my lovely Adam and it's going to be hard to
Say goodbye but it's like an annoying teenager with so many stupid problems!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plus it's lost £6000 in 8 months! Such a bad residual value

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good choice!
The A1 leaves the Adam for dead! currently looking at a Seat Cupra part exchange for my Adam, I've had problem after problem with my Adam just like you.
Been in the garage for a total of 2 months since I purchased it, this is in the space of 1 year and 4 month!
Enjoy the Audi mate, time to see how real cars are built.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Time to see how real cars are built"
possibly the most bighead comment ever posted on this forum! Good riddance if you get your car, 1 less a55hole on this forum ay?!

·
Registered
162 Posts
mikehending said:
possibly the most bighead comment ever posted on this forum! Good riddance if you get your car, 1 less a55hole on this forum ay?!
Cheers my friend! if your happy paying £18000 for a car that has had over 10 major problems be my guest! shoddy built cars and clearly the only ******* on here is the one making a deal out someone saying a premium car is better built than a standard car.
The Adam is a nice car just so many issues for the price you pay, and the service Vauxhall give is atrocious.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikehending where did that come from? This forum has a large majority of members who know each others Adams very well and even if we all haven't met, we all support each other. That comment is not supportive to anyone. Lilernie and I are not the minority, the majority of drivers have had issues with Adams. They look fabulous but it's all style over substance. Build is shoddy and it's completely changed my perceptions of Vauxhall and unfortunately I'm leaving the brand on these circumstances. Have some quality in your posts please. This forum is highly regarded

·
Registered
162 Posts
rodyr5 said:
Mikehending where did that come from? This forum has a large majority of members who know each others Adams very well and even if we all haven't met, we all support each other. That comment is not supportive to anyone. Lilernie and I are not the minority, the majority of drivers have had issues with Adams. They look fabulous but it's all style over substance. Build is shoddy and it's completely changed my perceptions of Vauxhall and unfortunately I'm leaving the brand on these circumstances. Have some quality in your posts please. This forum is highly regarded
Well said matey!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to hear about that :(
Have to say I haven't had half of those problems, apart from the fuel economy - I was averaging 55+mpg in the summer, now I can barely get near 50, but I can put that down to the cold weather and the fact that I've had road works to and from work for the last two months.
Paintwork still good, heater good, reliability good, white boomerangs still white. Going in for its first service tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really hope whoever buys my Adam will join the forum and keep on the updates :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I like the A1, unless your spending decent money though and getting options the interior is so dull. I think that's what the Adam does well... The intellilink is very good. Assuming it's working... That said, I've not had any problems with the Adam but it doesn't give driven too much. It's nearly 2 years now and I think it's only got around 7000 on it. The gf drives it to work and that's about it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's such a shame that people are getting so many problems with their adams. I've had mine for nearly 7 months and the first time it went in to the garage for a fault was yesterday (tyre pressue warning light!) I have a 1.4 slam and absolutely love it paintwork and alloys are still in mint condition (i drive 45 miles a day down the motorway for work) MPG isnt great but maybe if i drove slower this would improve but i didnt buy the car for its fuel economy i bought it for its fun looks and its extras. Its almost like a luck of the draw as to whether you get problems either you get none or you get them all....I think the comment about "a real car" is a bit of a silly thing to say on an Adam forum ....about Adam cars .... that people like me who havent had problems with are completly happy with their cars will defend them to the hilt... but you are entitled toyour opinion as i am to mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Such a shame I feel at the end of the day most people just want a car that works and should something go wrong a resolution be easy.

I found the Adam package good for when I brought my car in August and don't intend to change it for a good few years so hopefully the loss of value should be reasonable.

Good luck with the Audi

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RuEth it wasn't actually me that said that but he clearly had a point given the endless list of pathetic problems I've endured. I still love my Adam but it's hard to defend a car with this much baggage and that's why I'm getting shot of it. Just keep your fingers crossed nothing happens to yours because in my experience, problems haven't developed instantly but they've all hit around the 10k mark so keep an eye out for common faults. I think there's a list on this forum of common issues so I believe Vauxhall are aware of them but they still give you crap when you try and get things resolved under warranty. It's harder than they suggest when they tell you it has lifetime warranty as you sign the dotted line.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've got 13,000 on mine it's 2years old in Sep I've had no problems apart from my radio fault that I'm fighting my dealer over, as the won't fix it. My ADAM is great it's 1.2s/s and i don't find it slow or sluggish at all. I've driven the 1.2corsa and it's awful compared to the ADAM. Love mine to bits

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am considering getting rid of my Adam too. Countless problems such as teething, USB ports and auxiliary functions not working, lack of room in the back, 1.2 engine isn't anything special etc etc. List could go on. Also, my local Vauxhall not helpful at all! They owe me £80 for overcharging me when I had my first service, 2nd service due end of month and still no cheque. When I ask them they are still checking their accounts etc. Have now threatened to take it further and waiting a reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had my just over twelve months now the day it was delivered it had to go back nothing but problems with it been back to dealer , service department then to vauxhall we just keep going round in circles and we are still not sorted want to change it now I'm so disappointed with it

·
Registered
114 Posts
lilernie94 said:
mikehending said:
Cheers my friend! if your happy paying £18000 for a car that has had over 10 major problems be my guest! shoddy built cars and clearly the only ******* on here is the one making a deal out someone saying a premium car is better built than a standard car.
The Adam is a nice car just so many issues for the price you pay, and the service Vauxhall give is atrocious.
Yikes. How the **** did you manage to spend £7500 more than me on an Adam Jam? Looking at the Spec in your signature, even assuming you don't get partners discount, you paid about six grand too much for your car.

Adding massive amounts of options to your car btw is a great way to lose money at part exchange. Even ticked boxes like SatNav don't tend to add to the residual value that much in a volume car.

As for the Audi/SEAT options, each is entitled to his own opinion but you will quite probably find that the instances of failure are equally frequent but the service is better.

I am sorry that you guys have had bad experiences with your Adams, (before anyone hypothesizes, I don't work for GM!) but there are a vast number of happy Adam owners. I've had mine for a year and have never had a problem. Sure I could wish for oils with a better longevity but aside from that I am as much in love as the day we first met. I wish you luck with your new cars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
EmmaAdamJam said:
Countless problems such as teething, USB ports and auxiliary functions not working, lack of room in the back, 1.2 engine isn't anything special etc etc.
Teething problems? I know I call my car "My Little Man" but I didn't realise he would eventually cut molars! What do you mean by teething?

As for the lack of leg room and the 1.2 engine, surely these issues were there when you got the car? If you weren't happy with it why did you buy it?

A lot of people have spoken to me about my Adam and their main concern is rear leg room. I say the same thing every time, I didn't buy a four seat car, I got a two seater with a big boot! As for the engine, its a 78bhp 1.2, were you expecting Ferrari performance? If you brought the 1.4 you would have a point because that is woeful compared to the same engine in the Corsa but my 1.2 s/s is surprisingly sprightly really.

·
Registered
162 Posts
nsmith1180 said:
lilernie94 said:
mikehending said:
Yikes. How the **** did you manage to spend £7500 more than me on an Adam Jam? Looking at the Spec in your signature, even assuming you don't get partners discount, you paid about six grand too much for your car.

Adding massive amounts of options to your car btw is a great way to lose money at part exchange. Even ticked boxes like SatNav don't tend to add to the residual value that much in a volume car.

As for the Audi/SEAT options, each is entitled to his own opinion but you will quite probably find that the instances of failure are equally frequent but the service is better.

I am sorry that you guys have had bad experiences with your Adams, (before anyone hypothesizes, I don't work for GM!) but there are a vast number of happy Adam owners. I've had mine for a year and have never had a problem. Sure I could wish for oils with a better longevity but aside from that I am as much in love as the day we first met. I wish you luck with your new cars.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Forums designed for people to let others know they have an issue talk about the model and see if anyone else has experienced the same,
everyone is entitled to an opinion so if someone thinks their engine is not as good then so be it, not like its going to change anything, no need to get an a*s about it.
The main issue here is people have had issue after issue, yeah not everyone but it seems there's a few white elephants, people are writing their faults down and informing people how they got on with Vauxhall repairing them, so if your a lucky one and had no issues good but just remember not everyone has your exact car and others will have issues, it happens.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts