·
Registered
206 Posts
Carn't wait for them pics bet it looks cool

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to Dealer to collect car and there it was sitting outside the showroom with wrong colour roof (white instead of black). Vauxhall said it was ok for me to bring car home while they look in to it as it was a faultat the factory. Mighthave to wait for new one to be built. The Area Manager for Vauxhall (not the dealership) is contacting me tomorrow to sort it out. Will keep you posted.Also was told that the car mats hadn't been ordered so bought some off EBay and there was a set in the boot which I haven't been charged for. Hope no one else has these problems

·
Registered
424 Posts
How disappointing! At least it sounds like they are going to sort it out for you, although I bet you are still disappointed.
They made a mistake in my favour with mine- it'll be interesting to see how many they make. I hope it's only a few, it would be a shame to ruin the potentially great sales of this car because of factory mistakes.
You'll have to sell the mats on ebay or to someone on hear.
Keep us up to date and your chin up x

·
Registered
206 Posts
oh no i ordered my car in white then changed it to red a month or so later then added infinity sound after that. oh oh sounds like there could be trouble for me
hope you get yours sorted keep us informed please

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Ruins the excitement
Could you live with the white roof if they were to offer a decent discount on it?
I wonder if it was a mistake at the factory or if your dealer inputted it wrong, a factory mistake on a car with a million possibilities could mean they'll get all sorts wrong on other peoples too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have spoken to Vauxhall today and given them a choice of providing me with £1000 compensation or building me a new car providing that I can use this one in the meantime. They are going to get back to me tomorrow so will let you all know.Dealership insist it is a Factory mistake and I have seen a copy of the order form held by Dealers showing black roof.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good for you, let's hope you get what you want

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Yeah - you could always get it vinyl wrapped black I would imagine and should cost you less than a grand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Take the grand and learn to love the white roof

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan, thought about vinyl only problem is that the car dooors and tailgate inside frames are white down to the waist line of the car. Still waiting for a decision from Vauxhall.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still in dispute with Vauxhall. They are now saying that it's taking approx 5 months for all new Adam orders with a different colour roof. But I'm sticking to my guns I either want compensation or a new car. I distinctly remember receiving the email with the 2nd box ticked saying that final quality checks were being done seems a little odd that they didn't check the build against the order form at that time. Had thought about having the roof sprayed (or vinyled)but the problem is that the inside frames on doors and tailgate are roof coloured down to the waist line of the car so the car would have to have the interior stripped out and having just had my classic mini restored I know how big a job this is.Hope to get some answers tomorrow from Vauxhall....will keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a nightmare and to be honest I would have hoped Vauxhall could / would have fast tracked one through rather than having you wait 5 months,

Keep us updated and fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RESULT. </font>Finally got it resolved today - they're building me a new car with black roof which will take about 5 months and in the meantime I can use the white roofed one.</font>

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's good, but its a shame they can't do it quicker for you

·
Registered
62 Posts
5 months seems an awfully long time, I ordered mine 14th March and they're saying Mid June the dealer. However it's been 4 weeks and I haven't got my first tick yet, so I hope it isn't delayed as my part ex has to go in on the 20th May.
Least you got a good result, better hope this one comes with the right roof colour!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HiGot rebuild but they forgot to put chrome pack on the rebuild and it could not be put on after build so got £200 parts /accessories voucher and 2 years free servicing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh cool, i'll see what i get due to them giving me the wrong engine. I wanted the stop/start version but only got the normal, so tax is £90 more a year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts