Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seriously had enough of waiting :( im 7 weeks in to what was supose to be a 8 week wait, now its a 13, so im just over halfway! Arhhhhh lol. Doesnt help i have no faith in vauxhall and im 99% sure they will get one of my extras wrong as i dont think my dealer could order a happy meal without f*#!ing it up :/

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Theres a fit garage on my way to work and i see a forcourt full of 500s everyday...... Im sure there calling me haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id give them a 拢50 cheque if they would hurry up haha. I think 拢50 is a bit insulting mind as it cost me 拢35 to swap insurance to a car im hiring for the meantime and i will easily spend 5 times that on extra fuel and having to get my shopping delivered in the extra 5 weeks. (using bfs car that has no boot)

Just feel a bit fobbed off by the dealer, never good for them to lie to get the sale :(

Registered
I can't even order mine yet, still waiting for release of the new engine. The dealer that I originally ordered from is taking the one I ordered into stock, due mid/end of April. That was ordered on 16 Feb.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve u have more will power than me thats for sure! Was there nothing released at geneva in the end? All ive read about is the adam S and the rocks that has the engine your after :/

I sold my car a few weeks ago as i checked with vauxhall and they said it was still scheduled on time, so borrowing the worlds most unpractical car has made matters so much worse,haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they should lie and always say the delivery and the build dates are 2 weeks after when they really are, then atleast that way people will be over the moon when things happen early and they have a little bit of wiggle room,lol

When did you order lampshade?

Registered
I ordered 5th Feburary, had my first tick a week later, estimated delivery date is the 4th April.I'm hoping it's perhaps just not updated yet, though it seems I was rather lucky in getting my first tick so soon.

Registered
Oh no, everyone keeps saying the Adam delivery date is being pushed back, I have gone for 6.5 weeks so thinking just another week and a half... I hope its not going to be another 4 weeks!

Registered
Im getting mine through the company I work for, and they knew right away that mine would be 12 to 13 weeks......(I work for a large car dealers btw)

Which means your dealers definitely knew the waiting times and didn't tell you in case you were put off

Registered
not long now! dealers will tell you exactly what they want you to hear lol mine said 6-8weeks. well its already gone past that, try +3/4 weeks

Registered
Do you have a leg to stand on if you have paperwork stating you will receive your car by a certain date and you don't? Or does it just mean you have a right to cancel it?!

Registered
It says on mine 'Estimated Delivery' and also on tracking website....

Registered
Ah I've just checked mine does too. I just want to have it! Oh well at least when it comes it will be a lovely new '14 plate!

Registered
Yah!! :D I think I'm acclimatised to this waiting lark. You went for the Stars Headliner! that will look amazing at night.

Registered
jc89 I know! It was completely unnecessary but I couldn't help myself!! I've read mixed reviews about them not being too good but people will always find something to criticize! I am jealous you have advance park assist, I wanted it as I'm a terrible parker but it hiked my price up too much!! Never mind I have a 10 plate KA at the minute and I think it's about the same size so I might just manage!!

Registered
It was either the Infinity sound system or park assist.... the park assist was a cool feature and I know Vauxhall standard speakers are good as my current 2005 corsa standard speakers are great once you play with the Treble / Bass EQ settings. I watched the video on youtube on park assist and just sold it to me as I park in a car park all the time and always that one space at 3am in the dark! plus the side blind spot indicator will help too.

Registered
I've never had a Vauxhall, always Ford however I was disgusted with the service both times! I had a Corsa Limited edition as a courtesy car and that sold Vauxhall's to me it was such a lovely drive! Plus my local Vauxhall dealer was super helpful, I originally went back to Ford and the salesman was so rude practically saying that I couldn't afford a new Fiesta! They haven't got a clue...they see someone younger come along and think they aren't serious, it's very frustrating!!
Yes that will be very helpful for you, plus the mirrors are huge so it will be much easier to park! I felt like I was back in a driving instructors car!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts