Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered my car through my employer. My order was confirmed at the end of June, my employer estimated its delivery to be the end of September but they recently changed it to the end of October GUTTED

After reading everyone's helpful posts I've been on 'track my vauxhall' and my build slot was 29th September (1 tick) with delivery 25th October. I don't want to get my hopes up for this date and wait longer.

Is late October realistic? Anyone with similar estimated delivery dates?

·
Registered
424 Posts
3-4 months does seem normal it seems to depend on the options chosen, but saying that lots of people including me did get delivery 1-2 weeks before the expected delivery date. It'll be worth the wait

What have you ordered?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that peace of mind, October it is then! :)

I've gone for the Glam 1.4 start stop, technical pack, Vintage spoke wheels, star is brown with white my fire roof and coco all inside... Not seen it in brown yet so fingers crossed it looks good. Love the purple fiction, good choice!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered 6 July, arrived at dealer yesterday, picking up next week.
The dealer did not provide details of the tracking system that many people have mentioned on the forum and had a call a few weeks ago to say that Adam was on schedule for last week of September so pleasantly surprised by yesterday's call to arrange collection!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Adam&Lisa- I have seen 1 brown on here, the pic may be in the gallery somewhere. Then I went to Rome for a hol and saw one there - I'll post later -it was lovely.kj166 - pcs as soon as you get it please - I haven't seen one of the Peach ones at all yet!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Of course I will.
Have to admit I didn't choose the colours and configuration, I was overwhelmed by all the choices and had to get hubby who to do it for me - kept him amused for hours!

·
Registered
229 Posts
mine was due 1st sept orded 14june still waiting now told 29th ive gone for the brown one 1.4 s/s

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your feedback

fKj166 - That's great news with your delivery! You'll have to put some pics up of your new Adam, exciting times.
Gillsid - Rome? Lucky you! I'd be really grateful if you have pics of that, even google doesn't throw any Adams in brown.
Did - Waiting for this car seems like a lifetime, maybe it's our colour choice? Lol I'll look out for your updates, if you get yours I know mine won't be too long away.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is the opel brown, not sure how close it is to the Uk colour though.
Our local dealer didn't have any colour swatches for the Adam, so we have our fingers crossed that the greyfather colour is not too bad.
Edited by: Dizzy73

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dizzy73 I hadn't thought to search Opel Adam. I've just found loads, even with the vintage spoke wheels! Very happy now!

I have seen the greyfather on here somewhere I am sure, it looked great! When did you order yours?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 2 browns look very different. I saw the greyfather pic on here, but until I see it in the flesh I will have a little apprehension......Ordered mine 24th August, got an email this morning letting me know it has a confirmed build week of 27th September and estimated delivery in week ending 25th October.Ages to wait....Looks like the lighter brown is a closer match https://www.facebook.com/Opel?sk=app_462451680443765
Edited by: Dizzy73

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just posted pictures in the Gallery of the brown Adam I saw in Rome, exactly the same tone as yours but with a black roof- it was beautiful

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dizzy73 - The colour does seem to vary even though the Opel Adam configuration isn't too dissimilar to Vauxhalls? Arh we'll know soon enough, patience is a virtue :)

Gillsid - Thanks so much for that, I love it even in a different roof colour eeek!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered mine through work end of June.. Seems a life time away.
What I don't understand is I've seen other posts saying they have a build slot date for the end of September with completion date 25th October. My build slot date was the 29th August with the same completion date? Makes no sense to me :-(

What was your build slot date? I still have just 1 tick

·
Registered
424 Posts
The delivery slot will depend on the shipment date by boat I would think. I know mine was built but then they had to fill the boat to deliver them to Bristol. Then they have to organise delivering them all over the country. The positive thing is lots of us have picked our cars up before the delivery date x

·
Registered
6 Posts
ordered my Adam 17th July and he is ready for me to pick him up Monday :). They pushed it a little thoughas wasn't duehere till the 29th September. Mytax was due on old car beginningof September. So they have given me a courtesy car till i take mine home. So they can make things quicker when they want.
Edited by: Babyadamxx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts