Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My daughter has had her new Adam since late September and after a few weeks on the odd ocassion I was in it, I thought I smelt an odd smell, nothing like a new car smell. She thought I was imagining it and left it. I definitely can't remember it being there when she initially picked the car up.

Fast forward to mid October and the first cold morning, she asked me to demist for her as the windscreen was extremely wet. After 10 mins the windscreen inside was no clearer so she wiped it with kitchen roll and it was literally streaming with water. Later that evening she returned from work and this time the inside was beginning to frost over. Also noted no other cars parked near her had heavy condensation.

It's just come back from the garage after 3 days spent stripping it down and water testing it, for us to be told there are no issues at all. The garage admitted the smell wasn't right, but couldn't find anything wrong. He suggested even rain on clothes could cause excess condensation, felt like he was slightly patronising me, but let it go.

I've seen in here the black streaks at the base of the door and wonder if there is a fault of some kind that allows water to ingress somehow, albeit in very small amounts.

Anyone else had any condensation or damp issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
No problem with mine it does get condensation on the screen but not soaking wet,also there is no damp smell. Are the carpets wet in any place?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi,

Im a mechanic and am waiting on the adam I have bought my better half

I have had issues like this before and here are some known fixes

1/ Make sure pollen filter is clean, dry and installed the right way round or air flow through the car will suffer

2/As the air enters cab at front of car, it needs to exit as well...This is usually through rubber vents at the rear....These are usually behind the side panels in the boot and exit the car behind the bumper

3/I would suggest that your issue is caused by one of these as if you had water ingress bad enough to cause the problem you describe, the car carpets would be soaked

I will look in later and hop this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts