Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

New to the forum, am picking up my adam tomorrow, it's a 1.2 slam, green spotting and one of the 24 core models. I currently have a ford ka titanium diesel. I test drove the 1.2 glam with 2 other adults in the car, it did feel a tad slow but just assumed that was because of have two others in the car, normally it will just be me. Is it a really slow car or is it quite peppy? I will mainly use it for town driving with the occasional motorway journey or mixture of both. Does it hold it's own on faster roads. I owned a 1.2 2007 corsa before and although it was a heavy car it didn't really feel underpowered, just hoping the adam doesn't feel overly sluggish. My ka being diesel has quite a bit of pull and I know going to a petrol I'm not going to get that but just worry that the car will feel really slow and underpowered.

Can anyone with a 1.2 give me any info on this?

Many thanks

Tom

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a 1.2 jam it's a nippy car even when mine is full it's not slow at all. I've never found mine slow

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great to hear, thanks. Think I may have probably been driving it a bit reserved as had the salesman in the back!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
To be honest I find the 1.4 a bit sluggish compared to other cars so can't see the 1.2 feeling quick. However, you don't buy an Adam to be quick! It's a good car, as long as your not expecting 0-60 is 5 seconds then it'll be fine!

·
Registered
568 Posts
my 1.2 is fairly quick but you do have to rev it a bit. I like to hold 2nd to 40mph, then get up to 70mph in fourth, then once I've set cruise to 70 on motorway, I then change to 5th asap. I rev mine but I still get at least 48mpg daily on motorway commute so I can't complain!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good to see that your still getting good mpg figures rodyr5! thats what I am worried about, when I took mine for a test drive the shift light kept coming on
he said thats telling me to drive more economical. I will be happy if I can get 40-45. No motorways for me, just country lanes and town roads!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Done over 8000 miles now in mine (1.4 s/s (87)) and latest figures today were:
320 miles - 46.6mpg - cost me £44 to fill up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts