Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Adam Jam 1.2 on Friday. Trading in for my 55 plate Nissan Micra Sport+ which I love, but not as much as I love the Adam. Ordered Pump up the Blue, with White my Fire roof and Intellilink system.

I really wanted parking sensors too, I was quote £275 for these which I thought was ok. Is this something I can add at a later date or do they really need to be ordered now with my car? No big deal if it's too late, I haven't got the money right now.

Been told 12 weeks wait as a rough estimate but most probably sooner. Can't wait now.

Considering this Gap Insurance that the dealer offered me for £400, but noticed via this forum there is a link to a website that offers the Gap Insurance for a **** of a lot less. Anyone taken out that insurance? Is it really as cheap as they quote? I can't believe how a dealer can charge you £400 for 3 years gap cover, when this ALA can do it for £80-£90 for 3 years. Shocking rip off, they must be making a fortune.

·
Registered
229 Posts
they tried to talk me into it kept saying no ive got parking sensors well worth it good in the dark when u cant see

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered mine and a couple of days later went and asked for the parking sensors, it was early enough for them to be added to the build, but the dealer did say that if it was too late, then they could be added in by them, but it would be £300, and it would be identical to the factory fitted ones.So entirely up to you.As for GAP insurance, the dealer can charge what they want, they hope plenty of people take it out with them at the time, just look at the different prices you are quoted for car insurance, this is no different, companies charge what they think they will get away with.I did take the gap insurance but had it bundled with the scotch guard for £500 for both,

·
Registered
163 Posts
The x vision parking sensors that most dealers use as aftermarket kits are really good, but if you are handy with the tools, do them yourself for 60 quid or so.... I fit loads and the are childsplay to do

A full kit will be 65 and if you want them painted, get a smart repair guy to do it for 40 quid or so....

Happy days 200 sobs saved

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Hi and welcome along,I like parking sensors and find them useful, had them on my last few cars and couldn't be without now. But like said above should be easy enough to fit afterwards.
As for GAP - yeah the ALA deal is legitimate, I've known people on here print out the cover from ALA and take it to Vauxhall to compare and the cover easily matches it. It's an odd on the dealer can easily make some £££ on selling.
That GAP saving would pay for your parking sensors....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oohh good idea, the saving on the GAP insurance would pay my parking sensors. Would fitting my own parking sensors not invalidate my warranty or anything? If not then that would be the ideal option. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Does the parking sensors not show a little picture of the car on the screen? My dealer seamed to think it did!?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one I test drove had parking sensors that show up on the intellilink system.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Oooo that confirms that then, wonder if it had the full on parking assist thing and thats why that happened?

·
Registered
431 Posts
From what Iv ordered and seen, the advance park assist- picks out parking spots, does the steering for you and shows how close you are to cars in-front and behind. but not sure on the normal parking sensors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh not sure if it had the parking assist. The lady didn't mention it on the test drive and I assume she would have to try and sell me it. She did show me the parking sensors though and made me reverse out of a tight spot using them. I loved them. A little image of the car comes up on the intellilink screen and shows you how close you are getting to the car behind with progress lines turning red once you get too close, also accompanied by bleeps that get louder. The parking assist looks great aswell, not sure how much I would trust it though, it seems too alien to have the car park itself, I think i'd be really nervous the first few times. Ha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts