Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall Adam users I need helpI have a 13 plate adam and have had a serious issue. My car over heated last week and having taken it to the garage it turns out the fan was clogged. I don't know if you are aware but the fan on an adam is under the engine of the car about 5-8 inches above the bottom of the car. Vauxhall are saying they cannot repair this under my warranty as this is not a faulty part. I have been quoted 608£to repair this. I have been told because the fan is clogged with "some mud leave and straw" I am liable for the damage.My argument is that the design of the car means that the fan sits uncovered and therefore the fan will block up! ITS NOT MY FAULT? I have basically been told that I will have to pay the 608 for Vauxhall to fix it or it voids my warranty.Basically our Vauxhalls are not suitable for British roads. they have said they have had no other complaints about this!! HAVE YOU HAD ANY ISSUES?Please help!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
In all seriousness though I would not accept it is not a warranty fix. Removing dirt from the fan is not in the handbook as a maintenance procedure. Therefore you should not be expected to inspect your fan to remove dirt. It's bad design the fan gets clogged not user error. Therefore 100% warranty I would personally just ring head office. Through normal use your fan should not get clogged resulting in overheating. Their issue not yours as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am going to be controversial and say I think the garage is correct and thisis not a warranty issue.It may be a poor design but the fan was broken by the terrain you have driven over. Had the fan just broke of its own accord then this is a defect which the dealer should deal with as it is a faulty part or unexpectantly fallen short of its lifespan.It is the equivalent of driving through a pot hole and damaging your wheel then claiming the wheel isnt fit for british roads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm I would agree if they had gone off-roading. But there is plenty of mud/ice slush and leaves etc. in winter on normal road driving. They are claiming just driven on normal roads, so really the fan should not have clogged? Its not like there's damage as a result of impact to the fan, it just got clogged up with things from normal driving.
So the random USA case study I gave - these little spiders seemed to like climbing in a small space in the fuel filler caps and then moving down a venthole and nesting in fuel lines - causing all sorts of issues. They had to cover this under warranty as the spiders were prevalent in the USA, therefore the cars were not suitable for USA conditions. I know the USA is different and I think the spider thing is a bit extreme, but surely on this same sort of thinking, the Adam's fan has failed to function under normal operating conditions?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Take your car to different Vauxhall dealer, dont tell them what wrong, just tell them it keeps over heating, can someone look at it.
Who knows, they might clear the blockage there and then for you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I might have to get mine up on a lift or something to have a look... I've just moved but my driveway was basically a mud track with trees up one side, must be getting there but not had any sign of over heating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.