Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I recently got my Vauxhall Adam Rocks Air 1.0T with the technical pack around 3 or so weeks ago and I absolutely love it.
However, I have never paid much attention to the S/Grand Slam as being young I presumed the insurance would be sky high but I have just done a quote and it is almost the same as the Rocks!
After seeing quite a few people on here getting an S over the past month, I really think it is the one I should've originally opted for.
What I am asking is how hard would it be to trade in this early for one? As I have seen one for sale with the full heated Recaro's, Intellilink and it is in white with the red roof which I think is stunning. It is up for £14,000 as it is an ex demo but still very cheap.
My Rocks cost more than that but I just wanted to know if it was doable?
Any help would be extremely appreciated as I would like to have a look at it this weekend.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
It's definitely doable, I wouldn't think the vauxhall dealer would hesitate to take the car back, I doubt you'd get the price you paid but thats the way it works. It may be more confusing if you have the finance as theres lots of paperwork. I have the S and I defiantly recommend it although I've never driven a Rocks Air so i'm not sure what thats like. the insurance is very good I'm 19 with two years no claims and it cost me about £600.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it just looks lovely especially with the heated recaros! I'm only 19 with 1 year no claims and I got a quote of £650 a year which I was really happy about.

But I'm gonna probably have a look this weekend and see what I think of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
You won't get back what you paid for it. As soon as you drive a new car off the forecourt you loose money onit. It depends if you have finance if you do it will be best keeping the Rocks. It shows you should always do research before buying a new car

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it for quite a bit cheaper than the RRP so wouldn't have lost masses on it and you can switch finance relatively easily. Plus the only reason I didn't look at it was because I actually bought the car through an insurance company and they didn't offer the S and I also presumed it would be way to expensive on insurance.
I have decided to keep it because I love the roof but I'm going to do some modifications such as remapping the car as a start! Thanks for your input anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.