Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to the Adam club just joined today, I have a 1.4 and picked it up about 3 months ago.

I have the standard sound system (not the built in sub) and basically I am a bit of a "boy racer" as I'm only 18 an I like my bass so I do have a sub I want to instal but is it possible to in the touch screen headunit? If so how do you get to it? I can't do it without thinking I'm going to break something?

Also can someone send me a link to wind deflectors?

Thanks
Connor

·
Registered
469 Posts
I might speak to your dealer and ask if you install your own sub box and wire it all in, would it affect the warranty if something goes wrong.
Im not sure how to take the headunit out to be honest as I dont get mine until September.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I sent them an email but never got
A reply, well i popped part of the each of around it and could get to it but needed to ideally take it all the way off to actually get it out and look behind it!

Ah nice like I said I am 18 and is like modifying cars etc but this is so nice and smooth to drive! Although she's got some bad scratches :(

·
Registered
469 Posts
I know what you mean, I was the same with my Civic and Corolla T3, and Hyundai I got now, just taking the mods off that to sell on so its back to standard to sell on.
To be honest, you got a new car, Warranty on it for 100,000 miles. I wouldnt adjust or add things to it yet #, or if you do, save up and take it to a proper place to get things done so nothing goes wrong.
I had Angel eyes fitted in my head lights, used them as DRL's, and after a month, car sitting in the sun, the glue melted and the Angel eyes dropped down.
Ended up having to heat my headlights up, pulling them apart, cutting the eyes away from the glue and trying to fit them back on. Nightmare!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know if the head unit can come out or if you can get to it, so I would just tap into the rear speakers and pass them to a good amp & a switch from the fuse box

Not a perfect setup but better than standard Boom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Connor,
The sub is fitted to the existing wiring loom from what I can see - connections should be there. I opted for the sub and infinity sound system - I'm an old boy-racer !. Let us know how you get on, I can take some photos of the factory fit if you would like.
Cheers,
Ian

Edited by: ian H

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have the infinity sound system with the sub already, I just have the standard 7 speakers- if you could send me some pictures that would be great? Any idea on how to actually take the headunit out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the head unit will be a standard DIN (German spec!) unit. Probably have to take some trim off around it ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts