Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught undergoing cold weather testing in Sweden, this mysterious prototype appears to be a high-performance variant as it has been equipped with a new front bumper (with an additional air intake), a lowered suspension and rear disc brakes. The prototype also has five lug wheels instead of the usual four piece units.
Nothing is official but power will reportedly be provided by a 1.4-litre SIDI Turbo engine that produces approximately 160 HP (117 kW). This would put the model in the same league as the Abarth 500 which uses also uses a turbocharged 1.4-litre engine.

Source: World Car Fans

Registered
Doesnt look much different, i would of expected vents in bumper,wings or bonnet to beef it up a bit!? Dont really see the point in having a fast adam, there ment to be small economical town cars, if i wanted something fast id get a car that was made for speed.....not a modifyed town car :/

Registered
Think it would be fun...that's the point

A bit of grunt and, because of it size and weight, handling should be a giggle

Registered
Fun yes, good handling at high speeds not so sure :/
Alot of cars are fun, the great thing about the adam is it doesnt have to be fast to be fun, when you start playing the speed game you will loose alot of whats great about the adam, low tax, cheap insurance, good fuel ect......and its only a matter of time before they start taking the options out and sell a stripped out "light weight" version, and the toys are what pushs the adam to the front of the pack regarding the mini,fiat,ds3 ect

All im saying is the adam wasnt built for speed and dont see the point in it at all,x

Registered
I agree with your point, im just saying that the 500 abarth and mini cooper are very popular, so it would be only natural for gm to build a car to try and grab a slice of that market.....

The handling point was just that a car of that size and weight, with a reasonably powered engine in it, it should bevery agile if its set up right......

Also I don't think it will ever be so much fast....as moderately quick

Registered
Id buy it!

Registered
Said slice of the market achieved....

Im quite sure it would be loads of fun

Registered
Me too.

Registered
Looks nice
However how stupid to change the wheel studs? Quite bizarre in my opinion. There will always be people wanting the sportiest model of every car.

Registered
They will be a 5 stud fit because the bigger hubs cv joints and brakes, will come from a bigger car in the Vauxhall range....its cheaper to reuse existing parts like this rather than make bespoke parts for every model

1 - 11 of 11 Posts