Adam Owners Club banner

How much discount?

11K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Smith101 
#1 ·
I picked up my new Adam Jam two weeks ago and loving it so far!

Just wondering how much discount people got off their brand new Adam's?

The dealer I went to was making out I'd got a real bargain as there are very low discount/margins but I think it was just his standard line!

Holly xx

See less See more
#3 ·
i'm paying just over 200 aswell for pretty much the same stuff. When I was in the first stages of it all and they were finding out like where I work and stuff. I work for One Stop which in turn is owned by Tesco, and because of Vauxhalls link with Tesco my dealer said he was going to do find out if this would entitle to more discount..... He never did the research he was going to and at the point of paying he said that he was gonna do it anyway (maybe because i'm such a nice person) but ended up getting 20% off the Chassis and 10% off the mods which allowed me to add a couple of extra bits on

#4 ·
I managed to find a voucher online for £250 off my car and then because my mum is part of a teaching union, I managed to get another £500 off. I pay about 200 a month for mine with gap insurance for 4 years included plus all my specs.

#5 ·
Mine was a pre reg one with 100 miles on it. I got an absolute bargain really.

#6 ·
Hi im a teacher in the NUT but i didnt get offered a discount, even though the sales guy knew my job, read online and i could of got upto 25% off list price! Going to call tomorrow and see what they say, if there not willing to honour it i will cancel my order and loose the £250 deposit, i even asked if they give any discounts for anything! Grrrrrr

#7 ·
I have just placed an order for an Adam Glam and managed to get it for just over £200 per month, this is with the protection pack too, although I am debating whether or not I should keep that on the finance? I work for the NHS and had a £250 voucher. Apparently this got taken into consideration and knocked off my final price. I didn't pay a deposit either, or part ex! Not sure if this is a good deal but it was cheaper than what I was currently paying, so took it :)
Em.

#8 ·
This is all very interesting.
I went for one of the top 24 ADAMs that they had in stock at the dealer as I needed a new car in a week, I would have loved to have built my own though!

I managed to haggle £1000 of the list price of my car, including the £250 voucher and NUT discount.
Didn't take the paint protection or GAP so it comes in at just under £200 for 60 months with no deposit or trade in.

#9 ·
Mine sounds alot now :/ its £311 a month for 60 months, £250 deposit. But thats for a £19,200 car, didnt get no discounts dispite being a teacher and being in the NUT, so going down tomo as not happy :(
Oh thats with gap also xEdited by: L8ydg

#12 ·
My dealer seemed very willing to help me with my order. I explained what price I wanted and he managed to get exactly what I wanted in a car for the exact price I wanted. He was very helpful in asking a lot of questions to try and get all of my discounts. Obviously he really wanted to get me to buy a car but I'm pleased that he did go to all the trouble if it means I pay less.

#14 ·
The partners discount for police, teachers etc is only 1 or 2 percent.

I'm paying £145 a month for mine so happy with that.

#16 ·
Yeah any one in the partners scheme other only get 2% off the Adam other models you can get more and then if you work for Vauxhall you get like 5% on top of that like I did. I'm paying £129 a month for 60 months with GAP insurance and service plan! That was with a deposit of £500!

#18 ·
Right just got bck from vauxhall after going to cancel, the max discount they can give is £45 off every £1000 of the base model price, then a whopping 20% off any extras or packs!
So in total i got a total of £2342 off my already ordered adam!
So dont believe the 2% margain line as its not true x

#19 ·
I bought the dealers demo Glam with 3300 miles on the clock,five months old,metallic purple,white roof and mirrors,17"grey alloys,intellilink,Led interior lights.
Threw in car mats,vx protect and first service free.
worked nearly £4000 off list price in the end

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.