Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Adam only has one tick still and it's due in the 18th April. That's only 3 weeks away. Is that normal?
I'm getting so impatient.. Just want it now haha!

Registered
Mines estimated for the 18th aswell and ive only 1 tick. This is the build week for ours tho so fingers crossed we will get the second ticks before friday :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See my tracker said that the build date was 26th Feb. so I expected it would be built by now? Was hoping it would have arrived by now if I'm honest. Fingers crossed

Registered
I think your reading it wrong hun, mine says-
Step 1 - your car has a confirmed build slot
Your car was confirmed a build slot on 26 Feb 2014

That only means it was given a build date on the 26th feb, that wasnt the actual build date. It doesnt say that on the tracking site, however on the 26th of feb they would of sent you a email saying you have had your first tick, this email says what week your car is being built. Mine says week ending 28th march (this week).

So as you got your first tick on the same date and your estimated build date is the same then i recon if you check the email it will say your build date is this week also

Registered
Was that the build date thats in the email? Or the date that it says next to the first tick? As thats only the date the tick was given,many people are confusing that thinking that dates the build date.

Registered
L8ydg I know what you mean, it nearly confused me too! It only says the build date on the email, not the tracker x

Registered
Mine is the same as yours L8ydg. Should be built this week and week ending 18th April for delivery. I still only have 1 tick to :-(

Registered
Spoke to the dealer today and they said its all still on track for delivery the week ending 18th. They said the tracking system allows the dealer 5 working days to do the check over and add the paintwork protection thing, they said the minute it gets off the lorry they will check it and give me a call. So that should be as early as the 11th! :) very excited now :)

Does anyone know when we have to pay the first payment? Is it on collection day or a month after we collect?

Registered
I think I will give the dealership a call tomorrow just in case they have forgot about me and get an update.I think it's a mouth after we pick it up.

Registered
Thats good, i think a gair few of us want to fast forward to the 18th haha, let us know what your dealer says :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dealer told me that I don't start paying until the second month. They give you like a month cooling off period kind of thing apparently.

Registered
Jimsvolle , are you picking up yours at vauxhall over at lakeside? Or cos you ordered it via work you getting it delivered ? When's yours due again?

Registered
thats good! so say you pick your Adam up, you have one month off, then they charge you on the 2nd after.
the build date is set (date seen on track website), but the actual build date is sent to your email. It confusing but from 1st tick to build date is usually 1 month. then about 2-4 weeks from 2nd tick to delivery.

Registered
8 weeks from ordering is this week. I ordered my car online although it is connected to a UK dealership which is why I still get full warranty. Mine gets delivered to me within the price. Think its a driven delivery... Could pay 拢250 for a truck to deliver to my house so get 5 miles on the clock or something, but don't see why I should do that seeing as I will put the miles on after my first drive :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah he said they pay you at the start to middle of your second month. Not that it particularly matters to me whether it's the first or second month. I suppose it just gives you a month to check everything is okay? A bit like when you buy something you get 28 days to make sure it's okay?

Registered
My car arrives at the dealer today....just found out its going to derby to be P.D.I,d even though I stay 10 miles outside Edinburgh.... Wish it had went to a closer dealer so I could have popped In and seen it

Registered
Thats a pain! hope you get to see it soon!

Registered
Anyone got a sneaky peak at their Adam today..???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts