Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
NO!!! And it's a real sore point with me 😁
Mis sold a product not fit for purpose as far as I can see .
Had my adam since July and haven't been able to use it in the way intended
Rant over ( ish) for now but vauxhall need to sort this 🚙👎😁🚘

·
Registered
172 Posts
looking at the new brochure
£143 for the cable seems a touch excessive

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes it is , deffo when I was told £20-£30 🚙👎🚘

·
Registered
431 Posts
probs best waiting, bit like real iPhone cables are expensive but companies like Kingston, Belkin etc make cheaper copies... just an idea..?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a little confused ... Is the cable not just the same as the normal iphone charger cable? Is the intelligible cable a totally different cable?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Through looking online and the opal website the cable is a little thicker and maybe has a different cable to cope with streaming videos and photos and that the same time being able to cope with calls/texts. The USB apple cable you can still use apparently but only a few features.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmmm that's a bit disappointing as our local dealer did not tell me this when talking about the intelilink feature... No chance I am paying any where near £100 for a cable! Can u still use the bringgo/sat nav app without the new cable?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think its mainly for Video playing.. maybe I'm wrong but from what I'm reading.here is a picture of the cable (only for iPhone 3G/4/4S, not for the 5) mmmm...

Edited by: jc89

·
Registered
431 Posts
from Vauxhall :
"Plug-in a suitable device via the USB port.
Please note: Apple iOS devices additionally
use the Aux-in socket to play videos a special
connector is available as an accessory."

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm aslong as I can use the sat nav/bringgo app that's the main thing as my sense of direction is terrible 😂
But I think that local dealership should explain in full before purchasing, I am not too bothered as I got one of the top 24 so I just went along with everything it came with hut this would have probably been a feature I would have chosen anyway so would have liked to have been told all about it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
everything works thru USB, but Video you need that pricey AUX cable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Usually you can get an aux cable for the iPhone online a lot cheaper so I was wondering if a normal aux cable would work or if they have made it so that you need to spend a fortune on theirs straight from vauxhall Edited by: Sinead

·
Registered
431 Posts
BMW do the same I think... there is a copy verson online for roughly £10 so perhaps someone will bring out a copy for the Adam Intellilink system.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-AUX-Interface-Cable-Adapter-Lead-To-BMW-MINI-iPOD-iPHONE-5-5S-5C-I-drive-/231107016235?_trksid=p2054897.l4276
one end is iPhone 5 lightning & AUX then the other is the USB & AUX to plug into car. so I think they have made one just for the intellilink system.
don't buy this one as it might not work....
like below :

·
Registered
431 Posts
Found a copy for Adam...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ADAM-iPhone-5-5C-5S-USB-Aux-Replacement-Cable-in-black-/131026993642?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesories_MobilePhoneDataCables_JN&hash=item1e81d141ea

not sure it would work as my Adam isn't here yet. but if anyone gives it a go, then we could all save £100's!!! they do one for iPhone 4/4s.

·
Registered
92 Posts
jc89 said:
Found a copy for Adam...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ADAM-iPhone-5-5C-5S-USB-Aux-Replacement-Cable-in-black-/131026993642?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesories_MobilePhoneDataCables_JN&hash=item1e81d141ea
Great news.. Thanks..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts