Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a few people on here, Intellilink was one of the main reasons I went for an Adam in the end and what it does it does very well (albeit it's a bit glitchy - you can only seem to use one app at a time on it) but I am surprised that it's been around for at least 18 months now and there still seems to be just 3 apps available in total, or if you're in the UK, 2. (No TuneIn Radio here). Surely it can't be that difficult to develop for? Spotify would be killer on it for eg, and seems to be on every other format under the sun (new Fords can use Spotify with their Sync applink thing) but there's no sign of any movement on Intellilink - anyone heard of any apps at all coming up for it?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Bit thin on the ground at the moment. The good thing is though GM are pushing it in all their cars around the world so hopefully this will get developers interested in building for it. Spotify is a big selling point for Ford SYNC, wonder if they signed an exclusive agreement?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure Dan, be a ******* if that was the case but there you go! I think what's worrying a bit about Intellilink is if you look at some of the GM forums in the US where people talk about their experience with its predecessor, it doesn't look like it's something that gets that much TLC from them (from GM at least), and there's so much potential there that it's really frustrating it's not being taken advantage of. Fingers crossed and all that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't have my Adam yet but I know the system connects to mobile phones so why can't it download from the phone to update the apps?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Spotify does work on mine. Go to Bluetooth audio input and switch on you phones spotify. Play your playlist.

Mine works over the mobile internet without problems. But best to make your playlist available offline.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but you can do that with any modern car with bluetooth, I guess I meant Spotify as an app that you could control via the touchscreen (the point of Intellilink!)
Next worry is that BringGo wont' support iOS8 - their site doesn't seem to have been updated this year... - which means I'll be back down to two usable apps - two!

·
Registered
944 Posts
It'll take you all of 2 minutes to test all the apps on intellilink...!

Wish theyd release some more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey let him enjoy his 2 minutes. Don't forget the bigger picture. We're all getting new cars. Tell that to the people at the bus stop queue!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Im busing it for another 6 weeks until I get my car lol
Ill have a look through the Intellilink and search for the thread on here about getting into the sub menus etc.
Must be something available on the net to download or read on how to get around things.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If you find the pin please let me know!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts