Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd do a post on using the Bringgo App for Sat Nav on the intellilink. I've attached a pic of me using it...

I bought the trial version, and have recently paid the extra £37.99 to buy the licence.
I personally think its great and much better than a standard fitted Sat Nav. Once downloaded you need to download the maps for all the countries in europe (make sure you do this over wifi) (i've currently only done the UK) but when using it it uses your GPS signal rather than data so no going over your internet allowance.
So far I've used it to travel from Newcastle to Bradford and it was spot on! You can search for locations via google on the screen, still isten to your music with it on and you can even change the icon that travels along the road (i changed mine to a white car to match my adam)
Bit of a pointless post but i've searched the web and read most stuff on intellilink / bringgo and their isnt much info/reviws out there for people thinking of getting intellilink or bringgo so thought it might be useful for some people.
I have an iphone 5S so can only comment on using it through that i.e USB connection. I know other phones use it via bluetooth connection so cant really comment on that.
Any one else got any thoughts on it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for this! I found it useful! I agree there isnt much on the net about the intellilink. I pick my adam up on wednesday so looking forward to using the Bringgo app!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you need to pay after the trial version ends (after 30 days)on iTunes its like 69p for the 30 day trial..... then after that you can either pay £37.99 for lifetimeuse with 3 years traffic info/updatesor £54.99 and you get the same as the above but with an extra 2 map updates when they are available...but even with that, its what £275 for intellilink? then £38 for the app... still a lot cheaper than paying for a pre-installed sat nav system... which are usually £500 plus!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Because your using the USB port with the iphone, the iphone automatically starts charging and it overheats something or something like that. Been a few posts on the forum about it before

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a samsung s3 and use bringo via bluetooth. I only have trial 69p version and it's still working 3 months after I downloaded it. The only down side is only being able to use the first 4 digits of a postcode so sometimes you need to know the street name. I emailed bringo support to ask what was in the full version that wasn't in the trial one but they totally missed my question so I'm still unclear. I wouldn't pay to upgrade unless my version stops working!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I paid extra for the version that updates and I swear down it's absolutely fantastic! Even tells you what lanes to be in and because it runs through the speaker system it also turns the music down automatically before they tell you where to go before a junction etc. very impressed!

·
Registered
568 Posts
well to be fair soph_louise a half-decent sat nav is at least £150 so I hardly think £30-£50 ersions are expensive. It's extremely good and not many competitors likefiat 500s even have a touch screen option. Even the A1 only has a little flippy thing for a screen display to even support a sat nav

·
Registered
29 Posts
lol im poor now tho haha!! i see wat u mean tho! i looked at the reviews on my iphone app for bringgo map and no1 had anythink good to say about it i.e app wounldnt connect or it crashed and evan froze so i dont no weather to get it? have u got it? if so wat do u fink of it? xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I went back to the dealer when I found out you have to pay for the full version of the app & kicked off because they hadn't told me & they paid me back for it..so if you don't wanna pay for it try that & you might get it free like me haha!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had the trial version for six months now and its still working.........don't tell anyone ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have the full app , and iPhone 4s , but picture looks nothing like this 🚙😟🚘

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've got the iPhone 4s too and mine looks like that - maybe there's a setting to change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need to tick the little square box at the top left hand side to type in the full postcode I had the same problem, got the app free for 9 months but now having to upgrade as it said its expired

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had mine for 9 months before it told me it had expired.
No one has mentioned the way it tells you if you're going over the speed limit. Can get a bit annoying if you're on a 70mph stretch and it thinks it's 60. But otherwise, all good

1 - 20 of 28 Posts