Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I got my Adam 2 days ago. It comes with intellilink. I,be read the manuals, but I'm still confused. I have an iPhone 4S. I can activate Siri eyes free and my music from Bluetooth, but when I plug the USB cable in (from my charger), all it seems to do is charge it. I've tried a few different cables, but nothing happens.
When I go to Source, the USB option isn't highlighted, like it's not plugged in.
What should happen?
What benefit do I get from plug in over Bluetooth?
Does this sound like a fault or something I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ps I bought the purple Adam glam, one of the top 24 that seems to be photographed the most, with the black roulette wheels. He was a demo car so a few thou miles on the clock, but at a very good price.
I especially love the mood lighting, and I'm very very happy with him so far (except re my question).

·
Registered
424 Posts
The USB option should definitely be available at this point and if it's charging it sounds like it's got good connection. Have you tried another MP3 type player - iPod? To see if you can play music through that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't tried that, no. I don't have an iPod, but have an iPad, and hubby has an iPhone too. Will test those later, thanks.
Out of interest though, what extra benefits are there from using the USB over Bluetooth? I understand about this notorious video cable, but just normal USB over Bluetooth?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have a usb pen drive with music and films on that i use for music or iphone via bluetooth for music, never tried plugging in iphone for music tho. i only plug my iphone in when i want to use the bringo app or any other apps that are compatible with the car

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, so I don't actually need it plugged in? Still baffled but I can let it go if its of no advantage to me. I won't be using Bringgo, & I won't want to be watching films anyway, it's literally a commuting car.
Thanks.Edited by: Tazzy83

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you plug in your phone on intellink the option is iPod

·
Registered
424 Posts
When you plug the iPhone in, it uploads data and then the USB option changes ti ipod and it starts playing from your phone as well as charging it at the same time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have you paired your phones with the car?

The advantage of an iPhone being connected via USB for music is you can see the album art, I find it easier to select stuff too.

You need to get your phone to connect to the intelligibility if you want to run the BringGo app too.

I have never tried to see photos or watch videos - I'm too busy driving ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you want to see photos or videos from ya iphone you'll need the proper cable
£100 + , . Total rip off 😡.i was told it with be £20/£30 , not amused , can't do half the things
I was told I'd be able to , because of miss selling 🚙👎😡🚘
Sorry ranting again 😔

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would not work as stated before. But I bought I new, cheap eBay cable (I wanted a short one) for charging. Plugged it in... And hey presto, it suddenly magically works! No idea why it wouldn't before!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have a problem with charging their phone in the Adam?

I have a iPhone 4S and when I plug the charger cable (not genuine apple one) in it does not charge properly? It vibrates constantly as if there is a faulty wire but it charges fine at home?

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it maybe because it is not a genuine cable?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sinead, I tried the cheap cable too and it didnt work at all. It's worth spending the extra money to get the genuine apple one as thats what i ended up doing and my phone charges and plays music no problem through the intellilink.Hope this helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts