Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this problem a few months ago, and yesterday after turning my engine on the IntelliLink screen froze on the Vauxhall badge icon. Tried turning engine/imobiliser off but when I turned it back on the info button came up saying 'cannot connect' or something like that. But you can't press the ok button! Had to drive 30miles without any music!
Has anyone else had this problem?Wonder if there is any way to over-ride it like a reset button?
Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've just had this happen to me, there's no way of getting into the settings to change to factory settings. What did you end up doing Samantha??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me last night. Those exact same symptoms. Turned the car on and off, locked and unlocked the car stayed frozen on the vauxhall badge. So left it over night came back to it in the morning and its been fine ever since, freaky

·
Registered
113 Posts
Leaving it over night should solve the problem but if you want it to work right now disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes then reconnect it again it should work. Just letting you know if you take my advice I'm not responsible if you blow yourself up playing with the battery

·
Registered
944 Posts
I had a strange issue... Intellilink decided to call itself and freeze. Engine off.. Still calling. Had to turn phone Bluetooth off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
alex said:
I had a strange issue... Intellilink decided to call itself and freeze. Engine off.. Still calling. Had to turn phone Bluetooth off.
I'm guessing you can do that with the Adam as well the reason it wouldn't switch off in your case would have been in most vauxhalls you can call someone and while speaking to them stop turn the car off and take the key out and it won't cut them off and when you finish your conversation it will turn it will still turn the screen off

·
Registered
944 Posts
Causes a problem though when you cant push the cancel call button!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just got home from work to see these comments, I turned car on this morning as normal and it was still stuck pion the vauxhall startup screen, I turned it off locked it and unlocked it with the key started back up and it was still stuck... Then I tried turning the car off and using the door locking buttons to the side of the screen locked with that then unlocked and it seemed to unfreeze, wondering whether there is a crossed wire somewhere in there that might catch everynow and again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sam thing happened to me just 30 mins after picking up my new Adam a few weeks ago!!
All I did was pull the fuse to the infotainment system and it worked. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
113 Posts
And you'll get the famous dealer saying " we plugged the car into the computer and no fault was detected " mumbled by a manager who clearly is antisocial and thinks your clearly lying and time wasting. Or is that just at my local Arnold Clark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does this too! I'm going to mention it at the service and see if there's an update available. I've taken it back once because DAB wasn't working and they updated it which seemed to fix it. Mine freezes on an open screen, it's not even a Vauxhall badge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts