Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had my intellilink updated yesterday and Siri works much better
The Vauxhall garage near me didn't have a clue about it and probably would have sent me away if I had not pestered them. They plugged my Adam in and still insisted there was nothing. They then phoned Vauxhall and eventually found out there is an Apple update which has to be downloaded on to a USB then installed in the car.
I found this link on the facebook page of the garage that knew nothing about the update: (Read Paragraphe 5) http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/about-vauxhall/vauxhall-news/2013/06/vauxhall-introduces-car-you-can-talk-to.html
The difference I can see from the update is that a box appears on the intellilink screen saying voice command (Your phone has to be unlocked for it to work though) http://m.vauxhall.co.uk/content/vauxhall-mobile/home/new-vehicles/cars/adam/siri-eyes-free/_jcr_content/parsys/componentsimpleimage.img.jpg/1373623810065.jpgSo if you don't have this yours probably needs updating.
Just thought I'd let everyone know as I only found out by chance that there was an update.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Mine tends to work if I have it on the phone screen
But that's about it 8(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's how mine was. You prob need it updating, mine now works what every screen I'm on as long as the phone is unlocked! When did you get your adam??

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi
I've talked to the dealer , and he said that no updates
Are available for my car , I will play around for a bit
And if its no better I'll go over to the dealer and wave your post at them 8)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just not on the lock screen markamericana
Angeolly tell them to phone the technicalsupport if they don'tbelieveyouand tell them its an apple update. I got my car the 10th June so if you got it before me there should be an update for you.</font>

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got my Adam on the 19th march and was also told there was no update for my car. I've just got my iPhone this weekend and found if I dab the handsfree button on the steering wheel the intellilink goes straight to phone screen. I can then press and hold to get Siri.

Just having problems getting him to understand me though!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi weeza33
I got jammie on July 2nd
I've taken the lock code off my iPhone and tried again, but still only works on the phone screen .
Will make calls if on phone screen , but most of the time it says "i'am sorry i'am unable to help at the moment "
Did get it to check my diary earlier and it worked ( phone screen )
But still no box with voice command in 😕

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gillsid said:
I got my Adam on the 19th march and was also told there was no update for my car. I've just got my iPhone this weekend and found if I dab the handsfree button on the steering wheel the intellilink goes straight to phone screen. I can then press and hold to get Siri.

Just having problems getting him to understand me though!
I can do that as well but I no longer need to, Siri now works on any screen when I hold down the hands free button on the steering wheel. But I do have the same problem with getting him to understand me too

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Angeolly said:
Hi weeza33
I got jammie on July 2nd
I've taken the lock code off my iPhone and tried again, but still only works on the phone screen .
Will make calls if on phone screen , but most of the time it says "i'am sorry i'am unable to help at the moment "
Did get it to check my diary earlier and it worked ( phone screen )
But still no box with voice command in 😕
It does sound like mine was before the update. Hope you have luck with getting the update from your garage.
I think Vauxhall need to inform every garage when there is an update. It's stupid that we have to tell them something they should be aware of.
Edited by: weeza33

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi weeza33
Been this morning and now have fully functional siri hands free.
They weren't impressed with the music on my iPhone , but in my defence it is my husbands iTunes account and not mine .thanks for all your input on this , I just showed then the link , to explain the problem , now just have the same problem as most , trying to get siri to understand northern 🚙👍🚘😊Edited by: Angeolly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts