Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had the Adam for a year and half now and still no updates to the intellilink,
The only thing I've heard is Apple CarPlay and Google car are in the works to be pushed out as an upgrade but surely Vauxhall should of released a upgrade as my intellilink freezes every now and then on the vauxhall logo, then freaks out switching between Opel and Vauxhall,

Anyway anyone have any upto date info?
Many thanks guys,
Adam.

Edited by: lilernie94

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with you on this ... I've had mine since Oct and was pretty much sold on the Intellilink (the salsesman actually told me that he had been trialing an upgrade to the system back then that meant he could run any app through it ... but I'm starting to think that that was all just hot air!).
I've not experienced too many problems with it but am, daily, frustrated that you can only only use the apps that we have (TuneIn - don't use it much but okay , Stitcher - don't get it!, BringGo - don't get me started on that!!!)
Come on Vauxhall ... don't give us something that we have pay another subscription for, for things that we don't want or need (from the website "If your car is not where you parked it,Vauxhall OnStar can confirm if it's been stolen" ... no sh*t Sherlock!!) ... just give us what we want, something where the Smart Phone Generation can plug their car into their phone (!) and chose for themselves what apps they use!
Aaaaaaand relax ... have a nice day ...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well put. iOS mirroring is simple! like my AirPlay feature on my £89 apple tv can mirror whats on my iPhone.... I think they are missing out on a big audience here, don't you think? I was sold the intellilink system because its the best connected car... not yet anyway.
AntonyMJones said:
I'm with you on this ... I've had mine since Oct and was pretty much sold on the Intellilink (the salsesman actually told me that he had been trialing an upgrade to the system back then that meant he could run any app through it ... but I'm starting to think that that was all just hot air!).
I've not experienced too many problems with it but am, daily, frustrated that you can only only use the apps that we have (TuneIn - don't use it much but okay , Stitcher - don't get it!, BringGo - don't get me started on that!!!)
Come on Vauxhall ... don't give us something that we have pay another subscription for, for things that we don't want or need (from the website "If your car is not where you parked it,Vauxhall OnStar can confirm if it's been stolen" ... no sh*t Sherlock!!) ... just give us what we want, something where the Smart Phone Generation can plug their car into their phone (!) and chose for themselves what apps they use!
Aaaaaaand relax ... have a nice day ...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anybody heard anything new on this? I know Apple yesterday at their WWDC announced that car play would now be completely wireless... not heard anything from Vauxhall about upgrading the firmware/software. A bit annoying really...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've read that Vauxhall are now working on bringing Onstar and intellilink 4 to the next line up of Vauxhall cars. Not a word on CarPlay or android auto. I think it's about time they give us an update. I've had mine a year and half now and not one app update. It would even be nice just to have Spotify app added. Reading up on Onstar it gives your car a wifi hotspot so it could potentially get CarPlay wireless support. I just hope we all get CarPlay soon

·
Registered
55 Posts
did see the Onstar thing online. But wasn't sure it applied to us. Iv had mine since October and nothing, can imagine its worse for people who've had theirs as long as you. Spotify and Deezer would be good additions as well as your own choice of Sat Nav software, I use Navfree which is brilliant on iPhone, its annoying! It needs someone to hack it and open it up because its got so much potential, but its so restricted and locked down.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only GM car said to be getting car play is the 2016 caddy. Car play isn't going to be a simple software update..... As above post adding a few apps or fixing bugs will be as far as the software update will go..Edited by: Dannyboy

·
Registered
117 Posts
CarPlay is just a software update but Onstar is new hardware, so you'll have to buy a new car to get that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts