Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone managed to get cable for
Intelilink system yet. I have iPhone 4S
Working of iOS 7 can't get it to work

·
Registered
457 Posts
Oh don't get me started on this topic !!!
Had car since July , still no cable , grrrrrr .
I also have a 4s , i had to take car back to garage
For them to update to siri because " i'am sorry i'am unable to take any requests at the moment " 😁
But works fine ( ish ) now . Just pissed off about the cable . And been sold something not fit to purpose .
SORRY ranting again 🚙👎🚘

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm a little lost.. I thought Adam intellilinkhas an USB port, so why does it require a special cable? Will normal Apple iPhone 4/4s' 30 pin-USB cable not work?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think people want to view video and pictures. I have tried my old iPod with the cable I got with my projector. One end is a 30 pin apple connection and the other is aux. I plug it in and video, music and pictures work from the iPod. The only problem is and I'm sure that's what all the fuss is about is I have an iPhone 5s and because it's a lightening adaptor and not 30 pin. There is no way to use this phone fully with the system.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was told , the cable would allow you to play games music and watch films etc ,
When car is parked , straight from ya iphone , 😁🚙👎🚘

·
Registered
92 Posts
gpfradgley said:
/........The only problem is and I'm sure that's what all the fuss is about is I have an iPhone 5s and because it's a lightening adaptor and not 30 pin. There is no way to use this phone fully with the system......./
So.. Will iPhone 5/5s not connect to the Intellilink system using Lighting-USB cable to view photos from your iphone 5/5s, and play movies? I understand one reason is that Movies has to be 720 x 576 resolution, higher resolution movies won't be recognised, and higher resolution photos may not be recognise either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm afraid not. As the system only can see Video/pictures over the Aux connection. Unless all this changes with a software update. It's not going to work just with a usb cable

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just been to Vauxhall to order the Flexdock cradle. I picked up Adam price/specification guide 17th Dec 2013. I lists the IntelliLink iPhone video cable as £143! Wow!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
yea i'm currently arguing with them on a similar topic, got a nokia and the app it says that there is ment to be available and when talking to people on here theyre in the same situation... the satnav app is the only thing I haven't been able to do yet but hopefully my light threat to get in contact with H/O being sold something that I signed for saying I understood the technology yet it's kinda a piss take that they've sold a lot of people stuff that doesn't work properly

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
With people having this trouble im glad I got the normal radio

·
Registered
117 Posts
You just need the charger cable you got with your iPhone to use the satnav, although I bought a black belkin one from amazon just for that use. When I go back for the cradle fitting I'm going to ask if the £143 cable is for the iPhone 5/s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts