Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what format this plays because I've tried .MP4 and .AVI but just not working for me

·
Registered
78 Posts
avi should work. when i first tried it im sure i put an avi file on and it played fine. i will check tomorrow morning

·
Registered
78 Posts
just checked mine this morning and the movie i got is .avi

also just checked the manual and it says -

The playable movie file formats are .avi, .mpg, .mp4, .divx, .xvid and .wmv. The resolution of the files has to be within a range of 720 pixels in widths and 576 pixels in heights. The frame rate has to be less that 30 fps. Usable codecs are divx, xvid, mpeg-1, mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43) and wmv9 (wmv3). The playable audio formats are .mp3, .ac3, .aac and .wma. The displayable subtitle format is .smi.

hope that helps ya out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks mate will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi franco
I think your the one I need to ask I tried to play a video of what I taking from my phone try to play it on the inerllink but the avi does not light up for me to press can you help phone is a galaxy 3 hope you can help me not sure what iam doing

·
Registered
172 Posts
The problem is that the AVI format is not a universal standard, it is just a container for the video and audio.There are a multitude of codecs for compressing the video and audio, your PC or Mac has the ability to auto download codecs so that it can play most videos, unfortunately most standalone players will only accept a narrow range.If you have an xbox, playstation,DVD playeror Tv that will accept movies on a USB stick, then you will have the same issues with codecs.There is software out there that will convert video from one format to another.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi dizzy
thanks dizzy I will keep on trying hopefully with success I keep you updated with my progress thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey Tmm

like Dizzy said AVI is not a standard so you will get some that just wont work without the codec.

im not sure about playing a video straight from the phone i use a usb drive in the car for music and films, i could never get anything working with my nexus 4 android, so i got rid of it and bought the new iphone and it works really well in the car.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Franco
we got good taste as we when for the same model and colour going too see how too get the video working on the w/end got the music via blue tooth phone is galaxy 3 did have I phone but before the upgrade had too use the lead so change too the galaxy 4 but cant get the brinngGo app so had too settle for the galaxy 3 in the end gutted as I did like the galaxy 4

·
Registered
2 Posts
This page will answer your questions: http://www.buzzmii.com/fr/myadam

It's in French but here is the translation of the part on how to convert a video:

I couldn't read an MP4. I've tried several video format encoding the video but in vain. No problem with an AVI. An AVI contains a video in XVID and an audio in AC3. A video with
640x360 pixels is displayed just fine in full screen mode.

Download videos in 16:9, if possible in HD. Videos in 1280x720 pixels encoded in MP4 give the vest result after they are converted in AVI.

The right video format for IntelliLink:

<code>Container : AVI
Video : XVID, 640x360 pixels, 1200 kbps
Audio : AC3, 44.1 kHz stereo, 192 kbps</code></pre>

To encode in AVI a video in MP4 with FFmpeg under Linux:

<div ="geshi"><div ="bash">ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -vcodec libxvid -s:v 640x360 -b:v 1200k -q:v 3 -acodec ac3 -ar 44100 -ab 192k -ac 2 video.avi

This command converts the video stream in XVID while resizing the image to 640x360 pixels with a bitrate of 1200 kbps and the audio stream in AC3 with a frequency of 44100 Hz and a bitrate of 192 kbps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts