Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea why you cannot get an Adam with the purple fiction dash inserts? I'm getting an Adam Jam Purple Fiction soon with a white roof and this automatically comes with white dash inserts because I've chosen the pack, but is there any way I could get hold of purple fiction inserts to replace these once it arrives, as Vauxhall don't sell such colour trim inserts?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Registered
Some of the options are just to try and force you to upgrade from the jam model i think, you can buy all the dash inserts from vauxhall as aftermarket parts, so surely they will sell you one then!?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply L8ydg,

Well I've checked the vauxhall accessories site and they have every other colour but not purple fiction. Yeah I think you're right about the upgrade thing because the glam dashboard is purple so the purple fiction inserts would clash but is much prefer the jam white seats lol. I wonder if I could buy the colour and have the white trim inserts sprayed by a body shop with the purple fiction paint?

Registered
Mines a Glam in Purple with white roof,white mirrors and grill.
inside its purple seats with purple dash but with gloss piano black inserts
Looks great tbh

Registered
Dont worry any part in a car has a part number and that will enable you to order it, the accesssories are what you order through the salesman, if you just speak to there parts desk then they will be able to order the part for you, regardless of what model you drive, hope that helps, oh and the parts department would be able to see all the different versions of the dash they make so you dont need the part number first,x

Registered
I've got Purple Fiction, purple dash, steering wheel but my inserts are rose pink - looks good for a girl car. Pics in the gallery section xx

Registered
You can only get the purple inserts on the glam!
Makes life harder when there are aspects of different models that aren't across the board!

Registered
This takes me back to my theory that there should only be one model ,
If the option is there you should be able to have it ,
You can make a jam with better spec than a glam or the so called top of the range slam
If you want it 馃殭馃槙馃殬

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Totally agree Angeolly.

There should be one model with all options available and one sports option with the different suspension etc.

Registered
My jammie has the 17"alloys so has the sport suspention , could have a jam and add a sunroof
But couldn't have a glam and my choice of alloys .. Crackers 馃殬馃憥馃殭

Registered
Angeolly said:
This takes me back to my theory that there should only be one model ,
If the option is there you should be able to have it ,
You can make a jam with better spec than a glam or the so called top of the range slam
If you want it 馃殭馃槙馃殬
Totally agree, so frustrating!

Registered
Same here, I ordered the Jam in purple fiction and at the time of ordering the guy said I could have the purple inserts but then rang me the day after and said I could only have white, black, blue or green, so went with the japan black. I don't mind that much, but it would be nice to have the purple inserts.

Registered
Same issue recurring all over the country with these... Millions of options, but you can only use them as Vauxhall want you to :(
I agree there should be one model that you can do whatever you want with...I was told by my dealer they're like Lego bricks so you should be able to pick whatever you like... Unless the ordering system says NO!!!

Registered
Do you think they intended this so that everyone didn't go for the base model? Without the ordering system saying no, they wouldn't sell many glams and slams. They make their money on those options

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hs11jam said:
Do you think they intended this so that everyone didn't go for the base model? Without the ordering system saying no, they wouldn't sell many glams and slams. They make their money on those options

you are completely right. I'm pretty sure that is completely why certain things are unavailable on Jams especially

Registered
It took me ages to realise the extreme packs are different in each model.

I'd want glam outside, jam inside and slam seats! Would never work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts