Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone change the interior roof light or the boot light bulbs for led ones?I did this on my Insignia and my wifes current car (Corsa) and it makes such a huge difference. I couldn't find any posts on this topic after a search.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I changed my standardfestoon bulb in the centre roof and boot in my corsa to blue LED bulbs. I think they are the same bulbs in the Adam. they are so much better and brighter!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jc89 said:
I changed my standardfestoon bulb in the centre roof and boot in my corsa to blue LED bulbs. I think they are the same bulbs in the Adam. they are so much better and brighter!
I will be taking the led ones out of her Corsa when the Adam arrives and popping back the original bulbs. Bonus if they are the same size as you suspect but I do have a few spare ones left over that I bought when I did my Insignia ones.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If they are the same size, please let us know. I think bulbs / size of bulbs are very similar from what I gather and read to corsa.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jc89 said:
If they are the same size, please let us know. I think bulbs / size of bulbs are very similar from what I gather and read to corsa.
Car is due to arrive around the 11th April so will report back when we have it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
AH okay, mine I'm picking up tuesday 9am. Will keep you posted if mine work

·
Registered
431 Posts
although I have the interior LED pack, the courtesy interior reading light (thats what I call it) is a standard yellow light. but to match my interior LED pack It will just look silly so LED upgrade is a better touch :p

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have leds in my Insignia and it really is such an improvement over the dim yellowish bulbs that were originally installed. Well worth changing them over if possible.

·
Registered
431 Posts
if your worried about size, iv seen you can get festoon fittings that have springs in them to fit universal size. and you don't need to worry about error free (i think). so even £3 ones from ebay work in my corsa.
yes, they just look so much nicer! people get into my corsa and say how cool my interior light is and how bright you can see if you drop something on the floor lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Another light I'm going to have to change then...!

When someone finds out which bulb it is then please let me know!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not worried about them fitting mate just seemed odd that there appear to be any posts from members saying they had done this simple little mod. Have various sizes of led festoon bulbs and plenty of the 5w ones so will probably do the number plate ones too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
think its 42mm festoon SMD LED. When I collect on tuesday I will post an update. It will also fit into the one in the boot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure the same size as the Corsa. Will hear how you get on wen you collect your car. Enjoy it when it arrives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts