Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am not the best at explaining things, but I have noticed an intermittent knocking in my engine when not moving. It sounds like a woodpecker. When I rev the engine it goes and sometimes I cannot hear it at all...

From my poor description, any guesses? I will be ringing up on Monday or something to get it fixed...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does sound like a loose guard or cover if you can only hear it on tick over, might be worth checking oil levels too as already suggested.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi hope this helps could be a clip on the bulk head mine booked in for same prob getting sorted under warranty technician new what problem was and went straight too it vauxhall no about it and have told dealers what to expect

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just seen this, I mines got a noise it's like the normal idling engine noise and then there's like a drop in tone... Happens like if I'm coming to a stop and I'm still on my phone so handbrake on, in neutral and then after about 30 secs the tone drops from the engine then the normal tone comes back and like cycles between the 2 while stationary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

Good thing that I found this "old" topic about the issue that I was going to ask about aswell.

My car also makes a knocking noise when idling. Its mostly when the engine is below it's normal running temperature.

First I was frightened that it was a valve misfiring or something.

Second thaught was about the engine timing belt.

Does the 1.4 100bhp engine have a belt or a chain running the engine?
Tried to look but the only belt that I found was running the charger and what I belive water pump.

I've never had a "chain engine" before but I remember my mate having a Nissan and Bmw with a chain and the idle running noises were similar.

Or could the noise come from the fuel injection system as you suggested?

Oil seems to be ok and the last service was 4 months ago.

The car has done 4500miles so far and there are no visible leaks (wich is normal).

Halp!

Alex

·
Registered
127 Posts
As has been said go and check the oil level is correct. If that is fine then it could just be a noisy injector or a loose cover. If it is worrying you get it booked in at the dealer for an inspection. Please report back and let us know what you find out though

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same problem and it just got worse. It was the VVT, I've had the cams, timing chain and pulleys replaced which made it 100% better but now has revealedanother knock which they suspect are worn piston rings due to a carbon build up. Its due to go back in for a whole new engine. I have also had new wiper linkages, infotainment system,coil packs, ecu, valve pipemodification to stop rattle and new injectors to list just some of my problems in the last 6 months lol But still love my little Adam even if it has spent a lot of time at the dealership
Definitely get it checked though mate! Vauxhall have been using my car to create a troubleshoot sheet apparently haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts