Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With iOS9 being released and being installed today, what is he latest on Adams and CarPlay in Adams, guessing it'll be somebody of update at somepoint to the intellink during a service.

Just wondered if anyone closer to Vauxhall had any info on when we'd be getting it??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't know when it will come but don't even know if it will be compatible as you will need some hardware features for it to work such as the home button like on the iPhone and siri,

Fingers crossed it comes but I think more than likely it will be an option on all new Vauxhalls when you order the car, can't see them updating it as much as i would love them too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had another go this evening, like deleted it off my car and then it appeared in the CarPlay list on the General-CarPlay menu when I redid it

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is this for the intellilink only, and if so does it do updates automatically or do you have to update ityourself? Was wondering as my mum has this in her brand new car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea it's for the intellilink. Don't know if there are any updates available but if there is you have to take it to the garage to get it done. I've have mine for 2 years and only had it updated once.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weeza likewise it doesn't seem to have changed how it's connected, have always been able to Bluetooth car to phone... What I did notice is when it was connected a purple bar appeared at the top of my phone, bit like when it says "google maps is running in the background" on a blue bar,it's the same sorta thing but purple

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't even noticed that bar thing. But I am not very observant lol!
From reading about the car play you should be able to use your apps on the screen or at least that's what it sounded like. To be honest nothing seams different from when I first bought my car. Thought they would have developed much more in 2 years.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dannyboy said:
So far it's only on the top of the range insignia with onstar... You will be needing a new Adam with onstar/CarPlay kit it's not just a software update.
That's a bit disappointing. Don't plan to change my Adam for quite some time

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I've read about both over the last few days is this...

Yes onstar is available in the new Adam S, it is not anything to do with Apple Car Play/Siri, this is what it says on the configurator:

"Your personal connectivity and service assistant which connects you to a qualified advisor, at the touch of a button, 24/7:

A) Automatic Crash Response: In the event of a crash, an OnStar advisor is automatically alerted who can notify emergency services, if needed.
B) 24-H Emergency Call Service & Roadside Assistance
C) Smartphone App: Check your tyre pressure & locate your car – remotely via your smartphone.
D) Wi-Fi Hotspot: Your car is Wi-Fi ready! Soon you will be able to enjoy the benefits of fast & stable Internet access onboard
E) Stolen Vehicle Assistance: If someone steals your car, OnStar helps you get it back.
F) Vehicle Diagnostics: OnStar can check key car systems like engine & transmission remotely.
G) Destination Download: At the touch of a button, an OnStar advisor can provide you with any address you might need.
H) Some features may not be available in your region, for your carline, or trim level. Go to www.opel-onstar.com for a current overview of potential restrictions.
I) For more Information see www.vauxhall-onstar.co.uk"

The intellilink we all have already, isn't ready for car play and all our phones seem to be doing even though the update is on our phones and we can do all that but we should be able to get like our phones on the intellilink screen, so we can use certain apps like Maps and Spotify whilst in the car.... A combination of intellilink/onstar/CarPlay should be possible all the minor bits are there and it all just needs to come together into one package.

Intelilink has always come with 'Siri Eyes Free' this is when you connect your phone via BT to the car so you can call and text. What has possibly happened is, we have all bought cars thinking/knowing CarPlay is round the corner and should be something we should be able to get (in the near future) however I don't see "CarPlay" being in any Adams for the foreseeable future as it would cause Vauxhall to have to go out of their way to do something for existing customers where they are more concerned about new customers buying cars rather than helping us improve their cars to make their new cars better

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.