Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was due to change mobile phone so opted for I phone 5. All works as it should but you can only give voice commands if the screen is showing the phone pad screen, surely I should be able to speak to SiRI whatever I'm on..after all we don't usually get into our car and anticipate having to make phone calls, the I phone defaults onto your music screen with the artwork when it connects and that is my preference. so is anyone else having the same issue, if they are it needs a software tweak surely?

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is exactly my issue with it, I've got an iPhone 5 too but I don't think it's specific to the phone. It's like you have to predict getting phone calls and have it on that screen waiting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I believe you should be able to use Siri on any screen, when did you get your car delivered? I think they updated the software for intellilink from about start of May. Our dealer said when your car gets PDI'd they check for software updates.
We get ours delivered within the next week so i'll be able to tell you then if ours works or not!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Does that mean when I get to the end of my contract next year I should get the iphone to make full use of the Intellilink? I love the screen but wish it was a better supported facility.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can confirm ours is the same, you have to be on the phone screen for Siri to work. Quick way i've found is that if your not on the phone screen, press the phone button on the steering wheel once which takes you to the phone screen then press and hold and siri works.
On another note, if your streaming bluetooth music then get back in the car does your bluetooth start streaming automatically again? I'm having to manually select bluetooth in the audio menu to get it to start streaming again!

·
Registered
61 Posts
iPhone 4 will connect to intellilink fine :)
Thanks for the Siri tip mtmcgavok. I think you do have to reconnect the bluetooth every time, I certainly do (not to mention something else I've griped about which is I can't have my phone charging through the USB and use bluetooth to stream at the same time :( )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have an iPhone 5 and the intellilink and it has worked fine since I got my Adam at the end of April. However, I decided (stupidly) to upgrade to the Beta version of ios7 and now I can't use the intellilink. When it connects, it automatically tries to ring my own number then the whole thing freezes. Has anybody else upgraded and having issues? I now need to figure out how to downgrade!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My iphone 4 was working fine until the other day. When I try to call someone you don't hear it ring then when answered by other person a message says something to do with private mode transferred to phone. Nothing happens, any ideas??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts