Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Think somebody on here tried it and it didn't work 😕
This is a sore point with a lot of us adam users , I was told the cable would be about £30
To buy , very pissed off when they are selling them for £100 + 🚘😡🚙

·
Registered
457 Posts
Vauxhall haven't made a cable for the 5 , I think , can you not use one of those little diddy adapters , my daughter uses them in her car , saved buying all new chargers and havering lots of leads in car for ipod( nano ) and iPhone 5 🚙❓🚘

·
Registered
177 Posts
Can't you just use a normal USB cable to plug any phone in to charge?

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's the movies and games that people were told the intellilink with give them ( but not with such an expensive cable , grrr) 🚘👎🚙

·
Registered
568 Posts
Has anyone tried connecting the phone using the phone USB and also an aux lead?

·
Registered
431 Posts
they need to bring out the cable for iPhone 5. keep up with current trends and also most people would of upgraded since the car was launched. its frustrating, but currently not having any issues with intellilink. tbh I don't need to play movies on intellilink because I just commute to work every day so no time.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's really annoying baring in mind my £9975 kia picanto 2 came with the wires as part of the purchase price and yet my £13000 Adam doesn't

·
Registered
426 Posts
For me i dont have intelilink so just ignore this if its completely different for you intelilink users but i just use my iphone cable through usb to charge my phone. I can play music that way. I have an ordinary £3 belkin aux cable which plays music from my iPhone or iPod. But the easiest way yet is once you have a phone paired with bluetooth you can play it through bluetooth...much easier. I also had 3 phones connected (not all mine obvs) yesterday all of which can play music through bluetooth through the stereo system!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Smith101 yes that is better for songs etc but you can't use intellilink for movies without this special cable and that is the problem everyone is having :/ really annoying £100 cable

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Smith 101 - that's not what this post is about unfortunately. We already use the normal charger cable to charge and play music - this cable in the original post was aimed at gaining a different function for intellilink.

·
Registered
568 Posts
the link originally posted on this post for the £9.95 cable said money back guarantee if it wasn't any good?

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can get games on intellilink?! Like what...?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hoping we can get more soon, found this on another Vauxhall forum :

Now then an update I emailed the tech director at Vauxhall a nice guy called Andrew and got this reply

Hi alec
Thanks for your mail. Don't worry, you're doing nothing wrong, the apps haven't been turned on yet. We'll let you know when the app shop is open, the plan is by the end of march. You'll need to visit your dealer for a software update.In the meantime, thanks for choosing vauxhall and enjoy your new insignia!
Regards

An app shop? That would be great as the intellilink definately needs better support

·
Registered
457 Posts
When I ordered jammie I was told you'd be able to play games Like candy crush
With the £30(ish) cable straight from ya iphone 🚘👎🚙

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought an authentic vauxhall pioneer movie lead for iPhone 4 it was 27 pound and when I first tried it I plugged it into my Adam and the phone and it said playback source not available, I assumed it just wasn't working , maybe because my phone is a 4 and not a 4s ? But after playing around with it and ensuring all other apps are closed and actually opening up a video - either a downloaded one from iTunes or something or a one I've recorded on my iPhone it opened up on the car screen!!! The sound plays through the speakers too! Tried to do the same with photos but can't look at my photos on the screen at all! Still not entirely happy as I was led to believe as were many others that this 'amazing intellink' would do much more but at least I've got something to work! Hoping for a few more apps soon too!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts