Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting an new car for a while now, and been wanting an adam since I first saw them and I can finally say I have one

I know it's quite a popular/seen colour for the adam but I just love it to bits

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a question in case anybody knows anything
Whats the best way to add extras now? Obviously i didn't order this car brand new so i didn't get to pick the extras. But I really would like some parking sensors adding, and if possible parking assist, is it best to contact the dealer I bought it from? or vauxhall? Anybody added extras afterwards?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Parking sensors you can:http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/adam/accessories.html#nav_tablay_item_c1_3_1
Parking assist I don't think so, it gets fitted at the factory.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lampshade said:
Parking sensors you can:http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/adam/accessories.html#nav_tablay_item_c1_3_1
Parking assist I don't think so, it gets fitted at the factory.
Thanks for that :)
Guess I'll have to make do with the parking sensors, but I'm sure that'll be good enough :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
You really wont need Parking Sensors. I find I over-estimate the length of my Adam, (which is your's identical twin BTW and I dont mind that lots of people have it, he is my baby boy!) when parking.

Almost any option but the parking sensors will be hugely price prohibitive. Dont forget that the cost of options is usually dropped by the fact that Vauxhall don't have to pay for the item you are upgrading. So the cost of Intelilink for example will be off-set by the non-cost of paying for the standard head unit, which is great btw.

If you are looking at things like wheels, I am sure you could recoup some cost by ebaying the standard wheels but that is a bit hit and miss. Also don't forget if you are changing the wheels and wheel size you will need to add the cost of tyres to the price of the wheels because they wont come with the tyres already fitted.

Don't mean to teach you to suck eggs but its the kind of thing even hardened modifiers sometimes forget!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nsmith1180 said:
You really wont need Parking Sensors. I find I over-estimate the length of my Adam, (which is your's identical twin BTW and I dont mind that lots of people have it, he is my baby boy!) when parking.

Almost any option but the parking sensors will be hugely price prohibitive. Dont forget that the cost of options is usually dropped by the fact that Vauxhall don't have to pay for the item you are upgrading. So the cost of Intelilink for example will be off-set by the non-cost of paying for the standard head unit, which is great btw.

If you are looking at things like wheels, I am sure you could recoup some cost by ebaying the standard wheels but that is a bit hit and miss. Also don't forget if you are changing the wheels and wheel size you will need to add the cost of tyres to the price of the wheels because they wont come with the tyres already fitted.

Don't mean to teach you to suck eggs but its the kind of thing even hardened modifiers sometimes forget!
This is going to sound so silly, but I'd actually like parking sensors more for getting out of spaces then getting in them! haha We don't have drives (apart from one house) on my street so we all park on the street, but it's always really full with cars, and my neighbours always park inches from me either side and it's super annoying. I'm quite short too, so seeing the bonnet...well that just doesn't happen. So I always hate getting out, the house opposite is the one with the drive so I usually park next to that, as no-one (usually) parks over their drive meaning I can always get out. I think I might see how I get on, my tax is already due at the end of this month so it'll be next month probably before I seriously consider getting them.
and thanks for the tips :) I really want some nice alloys but I also want my own number plate and I think I might save up for that first. Luckily it hasIntelilink in it, which is something I looked for when I was looking at Adam's
and I do agree with you, I don't care that a lot of people have the same colour. I've wanted a white or yellow Corsa or Adam for a while now, and I'm more than happy with white and definitely more happy with an Adam than a Corsa. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wanted a white KIA Soul, but dad works for Vauxhall and it's stupid not to use his discount! I'm glad I opted for Adam though, even if he is booked in for a stint at the dealer for this bloody steering thing.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I added parking sensors after I ordered the car. Got scorpion ones and there way better than the ones vauxhall provide and 1/4 of the price. Got them measured in properly and painted! They look top notch!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sicop - Exciting times! I look forward to the pics :) I really hope nobody buys the one I want before I get the chance to. It's a bit difficult getting one I like and which actually means something. I want one as close to Natasha I can get, but it's not easy haha
nsmith1180 - Oh really, they look quite different to adams, but I haven't seen any close up to see the interior or anything. I didn't really consider any other car, I loved my old Corsa and was debating whether to get a newer corsa or an adam. Decided it was the Adam I really wanted, so there was no point wasting money on a Corsa only for me to want to change it a year or two
They're extended the steering thing haven't they D: Mine was registered the end of January and I think mine doesn't quite fall within the range (yet) So unless they extend it again, I might be ok, still makes me a little nervous thinking about it though.
Smith101 - I'll have a look now, thanks :)
I was talking to my step-dad (he owns a garage) and he said he knows somebody, so hopefully gonna get a quote off him too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Natasha, don't worry. If you have just got it from a dealer they will have checked it prior to sale. If there are any outstanding campaigns they wont release the car to you until they have been cleared.

The Soul choice was because I had one as a company car when I sold KIA for a while. It was a great car but the Adam is a) a lot cheaper and b) better specced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah I see, I bought it from the Pentagon dealer group, I think they're approved by Vauxhall. However the customer service from them has been shocking, I'm not sure they'd be all that bothered...

·
Registered
114 Posts
If they sell a car with an outstanding safety recall on it they are open to big legal bills. They will have checked it.

If in doubt give vauxhall a bell with your reg and vin number, they can check on the computer to see if it has been done/needed doing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah well i did check my *vin number and it didn't fall within the range so looks like I'm okay for now at least :)

*vin - autocorrect had a moment...
Edited by: Natasha

·
Registered
172 Posts
We ordered our car and a week later decided to add the parking sensors, the dealer said their shouldn't bea problem adding them to the order, but if it was too late then they would fit them when the car arrived and it would be £300, so only slightly more expensive than having them factory fitted.Certainly shop around for a better price, but just letting you know that with my dealer, they can easily be added after delivery and not much more expensive than having them factory fitted

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dizzy73 said:
We ordered our car and a week later decided to add the parking sensors, the dealer said their shouldn't be a problem adding them to the order, but if it was too late then they would fit them when the car arrived and it would be £300, so only slightly more expensive than having them factory fitted.Certainly shop around for a better price, but just letting you know that with my dealer, they can easily be added after delivery and not much more expensive than having them factory fitted
Thanks for that :)

I need to wait for pay day, but unfortunately my car tax is due at the end of this month and I'm trying to save up to pay my insurance in full when I renew in Decemeber so I think I might wait january, but I'll definitely shop around :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.