Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just ordered our Adam!Gone for the Jam 1.0L 3 cylinder Turbo (115PS).In Buzz Light Green witha white roof (though the dealer thinks buzz light green is no longer available - in which case we have a 2nd choice of Greenspotting with white roof)The 1.0 already comes with the Technical and Urban pack as standard so we added:Winter PackSight Light PackExterior Light PackHalf Leather black seats.Would of liked to have added infinity speakers and sun roof but the engine was quite pricey. It was an extra £1700 just for the engine!We are trading in our 2012Corsa SE for it which we paid £213 a mnoth for includig GAP insurance, We will now be paying about £270 for the Adam (but is well worth it IMO).
Edited by: boothy90

·
Registered
944 Posts
Whats the wait time for the new engines?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't actually been told that yet, should find out next week I think. To be honest i'm not in any rush for it as we are still paying our corsa off and the trade in price has already been agreed it technically means the longer we wait the lower our monthly payments are for the Adam!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been given an estimated date of November 30th, but the dealer said that is a pure guess.. They should get the actual expected delivery date next week!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I phoned vauxhall customer services and they said on the latest order form (which was updated in July) it was an available exterior colour to order.
My dealer said as far as they were aware it was unavailable as they had a customer order one and it turned up in green spotting.

Our dealer out down two colour choices for us:
1) buzz light green
2) green spotting.

To be honest I'd prefer the buzz light green but the green spotting is also nice so I'm not too worried about what turns up

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just phoned my dealer for an update on delievery and they said it is going to be first week in December..

Wonder how well it would go down to ask to have it registered in March for the 15 plate.. I don't think they will do that somehow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered my 1.0T on Friday! Estimated delivery date is 1st week in Jan 2015!
Spec:I'll be black colourHurricane 17" black alloysIntellilink infotainmentInfinity sound systemHalf leather
Haven't seen anyone else with a 1.0 yet!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice, seems to be just the two of us on here who have them ordered at the moment. I ordered it hoping it would be as good as the Ford 1.0 engine and the reviews of the vauxhall unit in the Adam Rocks say the engine is amazing. To be honest i reckon mine will be January as well.. My dealer said first week of Decemeber but I think that was just the automated date it spits out when you first order it. I'm in no rush as it will mainly be my wifes car as I have a company car but I am looking forward to trying the engine out!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems to be!
I haven't found any reviews of it!
I think it probably does just spit out a date. Have seen some people are receiving their adams 2 weeks early etc.
The wait is killing me! Surely you must be a little excited?!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I am really excited about getting it, i just meant that i'm not too bothered about the wait time whic is strange for me as I usually very impatient!Read the Adam Rocks reviews - they talk about the engines in them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How strange! I'm just impatient for these types of things. It's not often I buy myself something nice!
Thanks!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I didn't realise the turbo was a stop start lol, Just went to do a config on the vauxhall website, also doesn't let you change that much, and looks a bit odd with a black bumper when you want a light coloured car I think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep! I'm not keen on the rocks. I prefer all colour coded.
The one thing that annoys me is that every time I see something else on the config, I suddenly wish I had it!
There is too much to choose from.
I would like to know about the trip display as I've seen some only show MPG and milage and others show speed etc. Any ideas?
Also, anyone had any experience with the trackmyvauxhall website? My order number isn't on the order form...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Martin_B said:
I didn't realise the turbo was a stop start lol, Just went to do a config on the vauxhall website, also doesn't let you change that much, and looks a bit odd with a black bumper when you want a light coloured car I think.
Yeah think it is starting to become standard on most engines now. Did it let you have the option to put the 1.0 in a normal adam in the online configurator?It never let me do it but still managed to order it with no issues at the dealer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes you can have the 1ltr turbo on a slam, but only as a star stop.
Scott, I think the tracker isnt really worth keeping an eye on as it just updates in groups, and things change in groups.
I got an all white car, and mines showing up with black roof, front and back bumpers and plain bog standard interior.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think so! Mostly started in the BM's & Mini's. I did mine in the dealership as I actually walked in to look at a corsa. So specced it up there. But on the config, you can select the 1.0 engine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ahh okay, thanks for the advice. Asked the rep that sold me mine and she replied, vehicle number? So I can only assume it isnt widely used.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The trip has three screens. Trip mileage 1 trip mileage 2 and the default is speed and a couple of other things.

As for the price for the OP. Jaysus, that a hundred quid more a month than my Jam 1.2! Though I avoided the options list.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts