Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've ordered the K&N panel filter for my 1.0T - Interested to see if it makes a difference at all. Wanted to get a forced induction.
Also, a funny one: was at the lights next to a 2 litre 3 series from 05 the other day and he looked at me as if it was on. So I thought I'd go for it. Ragged the Sh** out him till about 70. He redlined in 2nd as well! Got to the lights, he goes, I wasn't pushing it (Liar!). Bottom line, he was shocked a 1.0 could be so quick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I did indeed!
It should make a negligible amount of more noise, but could possibly amplify the blow-off valve pressure!!

I will report all when I get it tomorrow :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do! Unfortunately, the first got lost in the post, so I'll be waiting a week for another one as they have to get more stock in.
Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will let you know as soon as I receive it. Apparently there are shipment delays as to why I haven't got it yet. I bought it from JaysPerformance on eBay for £15.00 less than K&N themselves.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! What exhaust system do you have?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice!
SO: I finally got the K&N filter today.
After 10 miles of driving, it's already started adjusting. My fuel consumption has gone right down because I am constantly giving it!
Throttle response: So much better!!Sound: You can hear the turbo sucking in air much louder now, and the blowoff noise is louder too!
WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So few weeks of having the K&N, I swear by it. Greatest purchase for my Adam. Throttle response is so much better! Re changing for the grand slam, I don't think I'll be going for that any more as I feel that id like something a bit quicker and something that holds its value a little better, so unfortunately may be moving from the Adam owners club at the end of the year to the Audi s1 forums!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have moved so am doing longer journeys and have realised the extra go when I give it some. The only way to describe it, just makes the engine feel lighter if that makes any sense at all? Lol.
Only thing I wanna do to mine now I have the exhaust and k&n is to do something to the wheels or get a new set so it will be ready to go to car shows!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.