Adam Owners Club banner

Keys

13K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Natasha 
#1 ·
Our dealer supplied two keys with the car. The poshest, nicest one does not have a button just for opening the boot whereas the second spare, cheaper looking key does. Is this correct?

#2 ·
That's what I got too, I commented on it the time to my dealer - seems silly. I've kept the lovely purple folding key and given the hubby the other one.

#11 ·
I've only just noticed this as I just threw my spare key in a draw. It does seem really strange, my spare key unlocks the boot and locks & unlocks the doors, yet my main key only locks & unlocks the doors.Surely the main key should have more plentiful features and buttons than a backup spare key.

#13 ·
Really weird I agree.I use thespare fob.The other day I locked my sparefob in the car accidentally. I hadopened only the boot with the fob, gave the dog some water and stupidly put the keys in the boot while faffing around with the water bowl.Then I pulled down the boot and hey presto! Locked the keys in the car. Had to go through **** and high water to get the second set. I was stuck out in the sticks! It occurred to me that if I had been using the posh set I wouldn't have done that, as the two main doors would have been unlocked automatically and then I would have had to have pushed the emblem to open the boot. Is that what Vauxhall have tried to avoid here? Trying to avoid boot only opening? Or is that too clever for Vauxhall?! Ha ha!!

Edited by: bizzylizzy

#17 ·
I had an e-mail from Vauxhall regarding the ordering of my ADAM, and it also had some good to know facts,
One being, the main button can be programmed to open just the drivers door, drivers door and passenger door, or both doors and petrol cap, and with pressing the unlock button twice, unlocks both doors and the boot.
Dont know if anyone else has done this or tried it??

#19 ·
Continuing on from my previous post, I have today (30/8/14) asked for this question about lack of boot key button on main fob to be put to Vauxhalls Head Office. Will report back if/when I get an answer. Here is a pic of my keys, different to the previous poster's ones :
Edited by: bizzylizzy

#23 ·
I haven't even got my spare key yet (they said It was at another branch at the time I picked my car up - even tho they knew when I was coming!) but this is interesting to know, at least I know it's just standard when I finally relieve it and don't think it's another thing they've messed up on....

Could of come in handy today tho, the security at my work always do spot checks on cars and today we couldn't open the boot haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.